Thread: Splitting Damage Tracks

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Default Splitting Damage Tracks

So, who's going to be first to try to split the damage tracks, and reinforce the backs with cardboard, so both sides can be played at once? :)

Just buy two sets of everything!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    Just buy two sets of everything!

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Or scan, print and laminate :)

While we are talking about damage tracks, anyone have any ideas on how to keep the three sections from getting 'blended' with others?

I can imagine down the road running a SOL and having part of a Frigate damage track mixed in.

The only way to ensure this won't happen is to either mark them some way, or perm. join the three sections together.

Idea's anyone?

Midshipman
    Scotland

Log Entries
    Name
    Gaz

They are marked somewhere in small black lettering I believe?

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Sebastian

Exactly,

On the front side (Ship A) in the lower right corner is a small print of the product key (eg. 103A for the Embuscade/Le Succes).

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Yep, already marked for you. But I'll be keeping mine in Sea Chest boxes that will hold the ship log, maneuver cards, and chits each ship needs. Here are some CAD renderings of the design. Note there is no artwork added to these yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf03809 View Post
    Pretty-much, for both "buying two" and "scan/print/laminate".

2nd Lieutenant
    Serbia

Log Entries
    Name
    Heмaњa

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Kangaroo View Post
    While we are talking about damage tracks, anyone have any ideas on how to keep the three sections from getting 'blended' with others?

I can imagine down the road running a SOL and having part of a Frigate damage track mixed in.

The only way to ensure this won't happen is to either mark them some way, or perm. join the three sections together.

Idea's anyone?
    You could keep them in separate bags. I plan to do so.

[QUOTE=csadn;26481]Pretty-much, for both "buying two" and "scan/print/laminate".[/QUOTЕ]
    Scan-print-laminate process couldn't be that expensive, specialy if you use transparent selfadhesive foil for laminating.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Hajj View Post
    Yep, already marked for you. But I'll be keeping mine in Sea Chest boxes that will hold the ship log, maneuver cards, and chits each ship needs. Here are some CAD renderings of the design. Note there is no artwork added to these yet.

This looks to be pretty sharp. Do you have a price point approximately at this point in time? Or is this something you're just doing for yourself? Believe it or not, except for the repaints, I've not pulled out anything else from the two Captains cardboard boxes!?!

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Not sure on the price point yet, still working that part out. My plan is to offer these at two or three different levels, from the basic box with minimum engraving, to some really nice boxes with quite a bit of engraving on them. That should allow people to pick how much they want to spend. I'll personally have the super nice ones of course ;) These will be used in conjunction with the foam trays I'm working on (most likely as an option). These will slide down into the foam next to the ship they belong to. That way, mini and all it's required components are right there together.
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Пилот View Post
    Scan-print-laminate process couldn't be that expensive, specialy if you use transparent selfadhesive foil for laminating.
    About 10 pence

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Not sure on the price point yet, still working that part out. My plan is to offer these at two or three different levels, from the basic box with minimum engraving, to some really nice boxes with quite a bit of engraving on them. That should allow people to pick how much they want to spend. I'll personally have the super nice ones of course ;) These will be used in conjunction with the foam trays I'm working on (most likely as an option). These will slide down into the foam next to the ship they belong to. That way, mini and all it's required components are right there together.
    Sorry, if I sound like a broken record (my question concerning the brass or stainless steel ratlines), but did you mention a possible release date? Thanks!

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

I'm expecting the ratline samples this week. Once approved, production time is going to be about 4-6 weeks. So, best case we are look at March sometime.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

I'm expecting the ratline samples this week. Once approved, production time is going to be about 4-6 weeks. So, best case we are look at March sometime.
    Sorry, Keith. I think I confused you. I was asking about the boxes. But thanks for the March information on the ratlines. Cheers.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Oh, for these boxes... probably around March as well. I've got to redo all those Combat Rulers and then make all the back ordered Hangar Trays, plus get some of my other items like base back in stock. Lot's of things to produce, so little time

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

First, I'd need a scanner.... :P

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Oh, for these boxes... probably around March as well. I've got to redo all those Combat Rulers and then make all the back ordered Hangar Trays, plus get some of my other items like base back in stock. Lot's of things to produce, so little time
    Thanks, Keith! Sounds like you could use a partner! Get one of your kids to start working on helping Dad! (just/kidding)
    Last edited by Nightmoss; 01-25-2014 at 12:19.

2nd Lieutenant
    Serbia

Log Entries
    Name
    Heмaњa

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    First, I'd need a scanner.... :P
    You don't need to buy a scanner, really...
    Go to some local copyshop and ask if they have scanner, so they can scan it. If don't, just photocopy tracks, in colour...

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

I got an HP cllour printer/scanner/copier for about 50 quid. Invaluable for a whole range of things, not just gaming

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

You don't need to buy a scanner, really...
    Go to some local copyshop and ask if they have scanner, so they can scan it. If don't, just photocopy tracks, in colour...
    The local copy-shops have become *extremely* cranky about what gets copied/scanned these days....

As for buying a scanner: I could, if the bloody minis didn't cost so much.... :)

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

We scanned all of the ship logs, both sides, for DB to use in research while awaiting his ships. I realized while doing it that having a scan is useful when running multiple games at cons in case the logs get mixed up. At such events, I doubt I would have the time or inclination to look at very small print. The scans will help in quick set ups. When I am home, I can straighten things out.

If you want a copy of the scan, PM me with an email address and I will send the .pdf. It is B&W.

Nice box idea, Keith. They would make for easy storage as well.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    Thanks, Keith! Sounds like you could use a partner! Get one of your kids to start working on helping Dad! (just/kidding)
    LOL, one of them already does! She pays her way to Origins by putting all my products in the little bags you guys get them in! I offered the wife $5 and hour to run the laser and got this

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

LOL, one of them already does! She pays her way to Origins by putting all my products in the little bags you guys get them in! I offered the wife $5 and hour to run the laser and got this
    It's good to have the kids help out. Not too surprising that the wife isn't so inclined? lol.