Thread: Anchors

Default Anchors

Anyone have any ideas on how to add anchors to the SOG ships? Any tricks on making them, at least for the 1st-3rd rates they would add to the visual appeal.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    Anyone have any ideas on how to add anchors to the SOG ships? Any tricks on making them, at least for the 1st-3rd rates they would add to the visual appeal.
    I think Vol has verified that you can buy the 1/1200 scale anchor sprues from GHQ, but you may not like the scale difference?

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=313600
    http://www.ghqmodels.com/pages/about/english.asp

Nothing else comes to mind as far as making your own, or buying from another vendor?

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

you might could find some super thin solder that you could form to shape. That or get some sculpting putty and practice rolling out those snakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Oh, also just thought of photo etched brass anchors. I don't think there is enough interest for them to be an AA product, but there are do it your self photo etching kits/guides out there.
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Hajj View Post
    Oh, also just thought of photo etched brass anchors. I don't think there is enough interest for them to be an AA product, but there are do it your self photo etching kits/guides out there.
    Probably too late in the production prcess, but is there room for a pair of anchors on your ratline sheets?

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

I'm sure we could make room easily enough, but that would require redesigning the frets as this point. Not something I want to do since it would just delay them longer.

Hadn't even thought of anchors! Yet another easy add that just makes the models a bit nicer. Anyone spring for the GHQ anchors yet?