Guys,

I've been working on my campaign document for the Atlantic Campaign of 1806. I was curious how many people in the northern Illinois/southern Wisconsin area would be interested in participating in a campaign this spring/summer maybe even into the fall? I would like to see what interest there is, and who is interested in doing a once a month meeting on Saturday's to play a campaign game of SoG?

In sitting down and thinking about how to setup a campaign, I've got lots of ideas - but I'd like to tailor it to what the group would want. For example, it could be as simple as a string of historically (or non-historically based scenarios) that I create. The depth goes up from there.

Another thought is creating two squadrons of ships that are in the same general area with specific missions during the campaign which I would build scenarios around. Things I'd like to understand would be - would each person want to play the same ship each game (catering to crews and captains gaining experience and such)? Or in any specific mission, would people rather just divvy up the number of ships that were involved? Would everyone prefer to play as part of one squadron while I and maybe guest players (or volunteers from the group who want something different on any given day) play the opponents? Alternatively, we could have two "player controlled squadrons" being pitted against each other every month, with encounters and ships being involved left to me and some randomness.

I see a lot of ways of doing things and structuring it, but to make it the most fun - I'd like to know who would commit to a monthly gathering and how YOU would like the campaign to run.

I've even been giving thought to ways of structuring it to be even more random where you patrol certain areas and all encounters are pretty random. I've got other rules sets I really like to base this around and makes things definitely more interesting as you just never know what'll happen! I can introduce rules for repairing ships, resupply, etc, etc, however much realism the group would like.

So, anyone interested, please let me know and give me a sense of what type of campaign game you might be interested in and how much depth you'd like in it.