Thread: Assembling the game...

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

Question Assembling the game...

I received my Kickstarter copy on Monday and I've been punching out the cardboard bits and such. There's not much in the way of assembly but the instructions indicate that there's a round cardboard washer that is included as part of the assembly of the wind gauge. However, mine doesn't seem to fit as part of the assembly. If I put the cardboard spacer/washer between the dial and direction needle it's too thick to connect the black plastic fastener. It's not a big deal function-wise but I thought I'd ask in case I'm missing the obvious.

Name:  wind-gauge.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  14.4 KB

I'm also wondering if anyone has a trick to snug up the connection between the clear plastic sheet on the base and the node bottom of the ship.
    Last edited by mleaman; 01-08-2014 at 09:26.

Looks very similar to the X-wing maneuver dial assembly (which does not have a washer). For those dials it does take a bit of force to get them to snap together.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    Looks very similar to the X-wing maneuver dial assembly (which does not have a washer). For those dials it does take a bit of force to get them to snap together.
    I know what you're referring to... FFG uses that same fastener in many of their games that I own (LotR LCG, Bloodbowl Team Manager, etc...). In this case it's not about the effort need to connect the fastener, it's the improper size to go through three layers of chipboard as illustrated. I'm wondering why that washer was needed at all.

Ares Games Staff
    Italy

Log Entries
    Name
    Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by mleaman View Post
    I know what you're referring to... FFG uses that same fastener in many of their games that I own (LotR LCG, Bloodbowl Team Manager, etc...). In this case it's not about the effort need to connect the fastener, it's the improper size to go through three layers of chipboard as illustrated. I'm wondering why that washer was needed at all.
    The small cardboard roundel to insert in-between is not really necessary. The actual cardboard is a little thicker than we expected, so the rivet works well without that extra insert.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by mleaman View Post
    I think that the washer is there to prevent wear from the 'pointer' rubbing against the body of the wind gauge. I have added a spacer to my X-Wing movement counters to prevent this. Seems nice that Ares thought of this... FFG did NOT.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Scott

Ninja'd by Ares!!!