Thread: A stupid/greedy question

Ordinary Seaman
    Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    robert fitch

Default A stupid/greedy question

Okay I got my KS stuff, love it. My question is when will the models be available to get more? I give my gaming bubbies a gift every year, this year they are late. so if I give my extra models as gifts when will I be able to order them again?
    bob

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by mt1ss bob View Post
    Okay I got my KS stuff, love it. My question is when will the models be available to get more? I give my gaming bubbies a gift every year, this year they are late. so if I give my extra models as gifts when will I be able to order them again?
    bob
    Bob, I'm totally guessing at this juncture, but I would say that the game wont hit retail outlets (online and brick & mortar stores) until well into January. This is especially so if Ares sticks with their promise that they wont release for retail until all KS supporters get their ships? Because of overseas mailing and customs we could be talking even longer?

What I would suggest is going ahead and pre-ordering from the Anchorage Store. It might be your best bet to get stuff the fastest?.

Remember, I'm just guessing so take it for what it's worth.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    tom

Nightmoss what Ares said was they were going to ship to retail as soon as they have finished shipping to KS. They need to because at the end of Jan. their Galaxy Defenders KS will be ready for shipment from their warehouse.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by tmon View Post
    Nightmoss what Ares said was they were going to ship to retail as soon as they have finished shipping to KS. They need to because at the end of Jan. their Galaxy Defenders KS will be ready for shipment from their warehouse.

Well, that's interesting because it wasn't the impression I got from a question I asked Ares back in July. So, for my own clarification I went back and looked at Update #49 where I asked specifically,
    "Will the KS backers get their product in hand before the line goes on sale to the general public?"
    Their response was,
    @James - yes, we will still send rewards to KS backers before starting general distribution.
    So, you're correct. They'll start shipping to retailers right after they finish with the last KS backers.

Unfortunately, this means that a fair number of folks (mostly overseas) wont have their product in hand before non backers can purchase products directly either online or in stores. Personally, I'd find that really annoying as an original backer, but I can see why Ares needs to do this logistically.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Its an issue with which they could probably have managed, with a little foresight. Hopefully another entry in their "lessons learned" document

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Its an issue with which they could probably have managed, with a little foresight. Hopefully another entry in their "lessons learned" document
    At this stage, that document looks like the full ruleset for _Star Fleet Battles_....

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

According to the latest Kickstarter e-mail, the official release date for shops is January 13th.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Timothy

I am glad it isn't too far away as I have my eye on some of those ship packs myself!