Thread: When did you get your KS, and what was it?

Default When did you get your KS, and what was it?

Didn't get mine yet but, I'm curious to see how the shipments are going.

Ordinary Seaman
    Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    robert fitch

excited thats its coming but nothing as of yet still a couple days till christmas!!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Cory

Got mine last night. I received the leutenant pack. Basic game along with the 4 kickstarter exclusives, individually boxed, terrain add ons, ship board add ons, battery add ons. Two sets of smoke indicators, wooden ruler, wooden attitude indicator and bags A, B and C or D. I also sprung for the a map and the two exclusive ships, but they weren't in my shipment.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bob

I received mine yesterday afternoon via UPS. I got the Captains level and received everything except my 2 mats. It all looks really fantastic!

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Congratulations Cory and Bob. Hopefully, I will see a similar package arrive any day.

2nd Lt
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bob

Received mine this morning.

Name:  DCP_6719.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  137.9 KB

Arrived yesterday...CPT level everything except the mat.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Tommy

Received mine yesterday, the mat arrived today as a separate shipment. It all looks very well done!

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Tony

I'm green with envy!!!!

FYSA my mat arrived today, they shipped it seperately. Kind of disappointed they just put postage on the ARES box and it is kind of beat up.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ironsides View Post
    FYSA my mat arrived today, they shipped it seperately. Kind of disappointed they just put postage on the ARES box and it is kind of beat up.
    That is disappointing. Was the box wrapped in plastic or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    That is disappointing. Was the box wrapped in plastic or anything?
    Nope, just shipping labels and found it on the front porch sitting in the rain/mist.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Nope, just shipping labels and found it on the front porch sitting in the rain/mist.
    That's what I feared. We were out this evening, and I wondered if we would return home to find a similar thing. The problem is, we have a covered part of our porch by the door, and yet we have had deliveries put out in the open, during inclement weather. One time, I found a package by an unused side door that had been sitting there for days in the rain. Fortunately, it was only an amazon book delivery!

That's what I feared. We were out this evening, and I wondered if we would return home to find a similar thing. The problem is, we have a covered part of our porch by the door, and yet we have had deliveries put out in the open, during inclement weather. One time, I found a package by an unused side door that had been sitting there for days in the rain. Fortunately, it was only an amazon book delivery!
    Could be worse:

Makes my UPS driver look like a Saint

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Send it back and ask for a replacement. That is clearly unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Send it back and ask for a replacement. That is clearly unacceptable.
    Not so much an issue for me as I use a plastic case when I travel. I would be really upset if t was a gift or I planned to resell. The mat itself was fine as it is in a plastic bag.

Project Update #55: Tracking information
    Posted by Ares Games Black heart (cards) Like

Dear Sails of Glory backers

we've put together hastily a semi-automatic procedure to get you tracking information.

Note - As the procedure relies on information that is exchanged in batches with our warehouse, it is not "real time".

We're now notifying everybody, to your e-mail address, with a message:

- if the message includes your tracking number, your shipment has been sent;

- if the message indicates your tracking number as "N/A", the shipment has not been sent yet (or at least, it was not sent yet at the moment we received the shipment list from the warehouse)

On December, 27th we will send you a new round of mails to provide you further tracking information (unless, in the meantime, the warehouse gets the real-time tracking information procedure to function).

Thanks for your patience and we hope you all receive your well-deserved rewards soon.

The emails they sent today do not take into account if they shipped your stuff Friday or today.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Blozinski View Post
    The emails they sent today do not take into account if they shipped your stuff Friday or today.
    Looking for that Christmas miracle.

I received a notification and I already have my order. Must have resent all with correct emails.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Blake

Sails Ho! Received my Early Bird Lieutenants box today!!

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by PirateBlake View Post
    Sails Ho! Received my Early Bird Lieutenants box today!!
    Congrats Blake. Just in time for the Holidays.

Still no Admirals, Commodores, Marines, Gunners or Mates reporting receipt of ships?

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Dominic

Received capt level pledge. No mats. Got it between 3:30 and 4:30 on Christmas Eve. Box #67

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    tom

Congratulations!!

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Blake

I thought I did this yesterday, but it didn't show up so here it is again.

I received my map yesterday on Dec 24! Yay, er I mean, Argggh!

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Christopher

Well... grumble. Didn't get an email today, leading me to understand that my KS is not yet shipping. Seems there's actually very little early about my EB Captain.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Main box arrived Dec. 24 around 6PM; map box arrived Dec. 26 around noon (considering the website said it was scheduled for Dec. 27...).

In contrast to most reports: The map box was in excellent shape, and the UPS labels came off without damaging the box itself -- the tape used to close the box did more damage.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Received my mat yesterday, main box today, happy bunny

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Tony

I still only have the mat (which I have been showing everyone in the family by holding it up by the corners and shaking it so that it's storming.) I think I"m driving my wife nuts. My Ship still hasn't come in yet. I think my wife is sick of hearing about this game, which I don't have. She has offered for me to take the 12 hour drive to the warehouse to pick it up. How very nice of her. :)

I'm sure my postal guys are tired of me running out there saying do you have a package for me, like a 10 year old. My Christmas vacation will be over after tomorrow and I get to go back to work not having had this game to play when I have been off the last 13 days to enjoy it. Oh well, enough for my whining. All of you who have your games please play a round for me today and I'll wait for the new year.

Has anyone received their Commodore level shipment yet? I saw where one Commodore received a mat, but I have yet to read about one receiving their game components.

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Lydia View Post
    Has anyone received their Commodore level shipment yet? I saw where one Commodore received a mat, but I have yet to read about one receiving their game components.
    Still waiting.

I live about 5 hours west of Fort Wayne, and the wife has offered to take me also. I check the porch constantly after 5pm everynight. I know it's not coming by mail, so no need to bother the mail person (not home when she comes anyway). UPS usually delivers my area after 5. I'll probably get mine on Jan 16th, since the 17th is the retail date.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Lydia View Post
    Just two of the 3 mats have arrived so far. No ships or components. Also, still no email message from the warehouse or any tracking information from UPS has been provided to date (UPS doesn't work the 31st or the 1st).

Fredmiracle says his is at the UPS center 1 mile from his house, but since no deliveries today or tomorrow, Thursday at the earliest. Hey, maybe mine can leave the werehouse on Thursday, you think? Then hey maybe Monday?

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Still waiting. From now on I'm strictly shopping retail (I don't even want to hear a word that sounds anything like A$$ Kicker).

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by FlyXwire View Post
    Still waiting. From now on I'm strictly shopping retail (I don't even want to hear a word that sounds anything like A$$ Kicker).
    Given that the only two KS projects I've supported which delivered anywhere near on-time were both by the same guy (Howard Tayler of _Schlock Mercenary_), unless it's by him, I wait until it's funded before I get involved.

Midshipman
    Scotland

Log Entries
    Name
    Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by FlyXwire
    Whilst the wait is a pain at least KS backers will get their goodies before they are available at retailers.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

I am part of other KS projects, and still awaiting their arrival. I don't even think about them, though. I think coming here daily makes the wait seem longer and more painful - the emotional attachment to SoG is much higher.

Now, one of my concerns is that the package will arrive unannounced. I hope some of the temperatures we're having won't adversely affect the ships if they sit outside for a spell.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

I am part of other KS projects, and still awaiting their arrival. I don't even think about them, though. I think coming here daily makes the wait seem longer and more painful - the emotional attachment to SoG is much higher.
    Agreed, i think the fact that I keep coming back to this site every day keeps sails of glory at the forefront of my mind, so the wait seems far more protracted and frustrating than it otherwise would. On the flip side, it also builds up the anticipation to getting the game as well.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Moideeb View Post
    Agreed, i think the fact that I keep coming back to this site every day keeps sails of glory at the forefront of my mind, so the wait seems far more protracted and frustrating than it otherwise would. On the flip side, it also builds up the anticipation to getting the game as well.
    Agreed. I am more excited about the arrival of my package than any other game I have ordered. I think sharing the game with the community makes it much larger and valued than if I were doing this solo.

There are some projects I want to complete, but need the ships in-hand to do so. I want to continue playing around with collisions, the effective use of taken aback as a tactical move, etc., and make handouts on them to post here. Good times await.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Dominic

Quote Originally Posted by FlyXwire View Post
    I must agree with you on that account. I have two more KS to play out and one still has 23 days to go (Power Up 3.0), the other I suspect will end up worse than this one (Robotech). That one raised over 1.4 million and already has over 62,000 comments, mostly angry backers. We were told the game was almost finished at the end of KS and yet we keep getting picture of newly sculpted figures, doesn't sound even close to being done. These pieces aren't even assembled or painted. I suspect possibly fall or winter release. Online game store has the game for pre-order and for a lot less money. I have no desire to paint over 200 minatures so if my son no longer wants the game, it will be for sale. Since it seems most KS items will be available for retail only days after the last backer, I'll just wait and buy it then. Maybe I'll pay a little more but the price I'll save isn't worth the months of broken promises or the constant wait for a tracking number or checking the email a hundred times a day. Now I go back to waiting for my SOG play mats.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Now, one of my concerns is that the package will arrive unannounced. I hope some of the temperatures we're having won't adversely affect the ships if they sit outside for a spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moideeb View Post
    Agreed. I am more excited about the arrival of my package than any other game I have ordered. I think sharing the game with the community makes it much larger and valued than if I were doing this solo.

There are some projects I want to complete, but need the ships in-hand to do so. I want to continue playing around with collisions, the effective use of taken aback as a tactical move, etc., and make handouts on them to post here. Good times await.
    The fact that a game we heard about and supported through ks helped bring us all together counts for something.
    "The whole is more than the sum of its parts. It is more correct to say that the whole is something else than the sum of its parts, because summing up is a meaningless procedure, whereas the whole-part relationship is meaningful." (Kurt Koffka, 1935: New York: Harcourt-Brace. p 176)

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Cmmdre View Post
    The fact that a game we heard about and supported through ks helped bring us all together counts for something.
    Hear, hear.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    tom

I got my Ogre KS only about 13 months late. 3 weeks before this one came so Ogre went on Ebay nice $90 profit. I truly only needed one new game at a time.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Dominic

Quote Originally Posted by tmon View Post
    I got my Ogre KS only about 13 months late. 3 weeks before this one came so Ogre went on Ebay nice $90 profit. I truly only needed one new game at a time.
    Saw that one but it was all ready over. I thought about buying it retail since it became available almost immediately after KS backer received theirs but decided that printed snap together foam board didn't justify the price. I think the size of the package drove the excitement, not necessarily the content. Now with Ares, ready to play painted minatures, SOG or WOG, it's all about the models and the game. That's why I'll always stay with Ares line of games, plus I love the WGF airplanes. Personally, I would be embarrassed if I showed Ogre next to SOG or WOW and yes, I used to play Ogre when I was a teenager, a long time ago.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Backing SoG on ks introduced me to crowd funding. I'm happy with the outcomes from my first experience and I have backed 2 other fully-funded gaming projects Privateer and Coin Age. Ensigna Games is a ks backer of SoG so I thought that their second attempt was worth a second look.

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Hooray!!!!! Mine came yesterday..... Brill end to a ****ty year with my mum dying. No mats though! It seems that the boys at Ares outdid themselves with trying to get everything out. Well done to them I say. Wasn't expecting mine until Feb time.