Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: WHO WILL GET THEIR PACKAGE FIRST?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Blozinski View Post
    There should be a special Anchorage medal for whoever gets their stuff last.
    My tracking number says the 17th, but I'll be out of town and won't get to see it until the 19th..at maybe 9PM before I have to hit the sack to go to work Monday.
    I am still sitting on the "We swear it has been shipped and we'll send the tracking number later" e-mail from yesterday. I did order another mat from Cool Stuff Inc (after checking Anchorage store first and noting Keith is out of stock through pre-orders). We'll see which one I get first!!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Scrivner View Post
    Finally got my tracking info a few hours ago, but.... they shipped mine USPS for some reason and tracking numbers on USPS are mostly worthless. They show my tracking number as not even a valid number.
    So we'll see how long it takes to get it (or *if* I get it) and what kind of shape it comes in. The USPS does not always seem to realize that people actually want the contents of their packges intact.
    (Anyone happen to know why they didn't ship all UPS?)
    Sometimes they ship ups, but the USPS takes over once it reaches your hometown. Try keying in the tracking number on ups and see if it shows there. Especially if the number has a, "z" in the second spot.

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Martin

I checked my tracking number and guess what - Electronic Shipping Info ReceivedThe U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 13, 2014 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if/when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
    Last place here I come!

Awards Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

So here's another chart that I found interesting.

While, at the moment, the Wings site has almost an order of magnitude more total members,
    the track of cumulative new members by day for January 2014 (to date) for the two sites does not look all that different...

Name:  NewMembersByDay_20140114.png
Views: 908
Size:  25.1 KB

Of course, there could be all kinds of reasons for the chart looking like this over such a short period,
    but I still found it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Queen View Post
    Just got my TN. Apparently the package is on it's way to the Indiana USPS sort facility now.
    Still on it's way to Fort Wayne, apparently. It hasn't arrived there yet, anyway.

I'll be interested to see the route it takes to Canberra, Australia. 50/50 it gets here before February.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by RichardPF View Post
    So here's another chart that I found interesting.

While, at the moment, the Wings site has almost an order of magnitude more total members,
    the track of cumulative new members by day for January 2014 (to date) for the two sites does not look all that different...

Name:  NewMembersByDay_20140114.png
Views: 908
Size:  25.1 KB

Of course, there could be all kinds of reasons for the chart looking like this over such a short period,
    but I still found it interesting.

That is interesting Bruce. It would be nice if both sites could keep that pace all year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Able Seaman
    Israel

Log Entries
    Name
    Avi

SoG just landed on the shores of the Holy-Land....

Name:  Camel_Boat_Landing.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  158.2 KB

Now all I need is some gaming partners...

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Good time too as it arrived on HUMP DAY!
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Mine arrived on hump day as well. It's good to be a part of the fleet.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bart

Got mine Wednesday as well.

As others have mentioned, the mats has been unboxed from their orignal packaging (presumeably because of the troubles shipping in the original boxes). I was worried when I saw them stuffed into the shipped box but luckily there were no creases. I'm kinda bummed though since I was going to use the boxes as storage.

I didn't have time to pull out all the ships, but I noticed the mast for the Bellerophon was bent. Maybe it can be fixed with the hot/cold water treatment fix. Other than that, the detail on the minis was amazing in my opinion - great looking models!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Ted

Got a reply from Ares...

Retail packaging is not considered part of the KS item. What we are receiving is not considered a retail delivery. So, to save on shipping costs they alter what is delivered to fit their needs. The items as delivered are considered complete and correct.

Guess I will have to find a shipping tube or something to store them or find a willing buyer...
    Last edited by The Barrelman; 01-17-2014 at 12:03.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

So theoretically they could have takenlall the ships and cards and stuff out of the official boxes and stuffed them all with packing in a large brown box and that would be ok.

I guess we were lucky

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by The Barrelman View Post
    Got a reply from Ares...

Retail packaging is not considered part of the KS item. What we are receiving is not considered a retail delivery. So, to save on shipping costs they alter what is delivered to fit their needs. The items as delivered are considered complete and correct.

Guess I will have to find a shipping tube or something to store them or find a willing buyer...
    I'm having a real hard time with that response. If anyone received the retail packaging for the mats at a given pledge level, I think that all backers should then receive retail packaging. In my case, I have seen posts from others at the Lt. level receiving retail packaging and mats requiring two shipments. I expect the same.

That being said... I just received my reward (Hooray!!!!) and my mats were NOT in retail packaging but were rolled up (not folded) in plastic bags. They don't appear worse for the wear, but I still feel a bit shafted because I didn't get the retail boxes. And don't get me started about the fact that although I received tracking numbers on Monday AM that my package did not reach USPS until Wednesday night at 10:00. Product is fantastic, but the shipping process/decisions have left a bad taste in my mouth.

Sorry for the rant. I'm done with complaining/whining, I've washed the bad taste out with some Scope and will now be pleased with the final product. And yes... the final product is pleasing.
    Last edited by GrouperKicker; 01-17-2014 at 13:46.

Ted
    That's is a shocking response from Ares, very surprising and disappointing. Think they may regret that possible knee jerk reaction in hindsight. Ive shipped WOG maps and just put the boxes together, bubble wrap them and tape all over and off you go, it's not difficult or time consuming.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Wow, that's a very unfortunate response from Ares. I'm really surprised at how they've responded and I agree with Daniel that this could come back at them in a very bad way.

I wonder if management for the shipping warehouse is related to someone at Ares, or just the cheapest Ares could find?

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    Wow, that's a very unfortunate response from Ares. I'm really surprised at how they've responded and I agree with Daniel that this could come back at them in a very bad way.
    Well, I have decided to list my SoG items for sale... Will post later. Most items new in box.

Well, I have decided to list my SoG items for sale... Will post later. Most items new in box.
    Don't give up the ship Ted. The bright side is that you wont have to deal with "that" warehouse anymore. From now on you can buy from the Anchorage or your lgs.

Don't let others dictate your life. You only get one, enjoy it.

Second Ed's comments Ted, unless the game has completely lost interest for you or you need the cash, dont let the delivery debacle spoil what will otherwise be a wonderful experience.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Matthias

my package delivery started 10. January. Today, 8 days later it landed in Germany at my local custom clearance station.
    Now I have to wait for a letter, that I can pick it up there. So I'm curious about the customs charges

...and still waiting (since August last year, if I remember well)

Just landed in Sydney so should have it in 3 days.

My package left the Dallas area sorting facility during the morning hours. Tracking did not give a time, but if it was early enough it could have reached my local facility in time to go out with today's mail. Other packages have in the past. My mail usually comes in the afternoon so I'll be waiting.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    My package left the Dallas area sorting facility during the morning hours. Tracking did not give a time, but if it was early enough it could have reached my local facility in time to go out with today's mail. Other packages have in the past. My mail usually comes in the afternoon so I'll be waiting.
    Fingers crossed!

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Adding my comments to Ed and Daniels, I hope you don't give up on SoG because of this horrid experience? I don't know how I'd react if I were in your place, but I'd like to think I'd follow Ed's advice and try to put this behind me and plan on lots of good gaming with SoG in the future?

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Dominic

Ted, I was the first to receive damaged components inside of the box. My response from ARES left me a little underwhelm but eventually I was satisfied. I think their response was a knee jerk reaction due to the pressure to get the remaining KS pledges delivered and constant and probably warranted criticism of the delivery process. My problem has not been resolved yet but I am confident it will be. My point though is that SOG is a unique game to me that I am happy to have it. My first game that involved minatures was Memoirs 44. I was able to get my kids involved in gaming because of all the army pieces. Then came Wings of War and the painted minatures were even better. Next was X-Wing and now SOG. If you already have a sailing game with painted minatures ready to go, then this post may not mean much but I don't know of any other sailing minatures game that is ready to play with great looking minatures, no gluing and painting. I'm not going to let Ares initial response to me ruin this game. I think you should play with the pieces for a couple of days. I haven't even played the game yet and I've had it for 3 weeks but I keep opening the boxes just to look at them and say WOW. I will say every time I look at the rules book, I get annoyed that it is RIPPED.
    Last edited by Toothless9; 01-18-2014 at 14:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothless9 View Post
    I will say every time I look at the rules book, I get annoyed that it is RIPPED.
    One of my rule books also had a tear on the bottom. A piece of scotch tape and it's hardly noticeable.(which you probably have already done)
    The tears might have been caused by the bundling at the printers.

Since Ted hasn't responded yet, I hope he's reconsidering.

My package arrived. Everything was packed well in one box. My Lieutenant's pledge was in it's own box inside the main box which contained:

The Starter Set box, 4 Individual boxed ships, Attitude Indicator, Combat Ruler, Captain & Crew Ability Deck, Additional Ship Mats ("Control Panels"), Terrain Pack #1, Terrain Pack #2, two sets of Smoke Clouds, and Bags A-C.

The mat and an additional mat I ordered were rolled up plastic bags in the main box. Also among the packing peanuts were the D-E ship bags, an Attitude Indicator, and a Captain and Crew deck that I ordered extra. CHECK YOUR BOX CAREFULLY, I almost missed them among the packing peanuts and did not find the Attitude Indicator until my third search.

I also ordered an extra wooden Combat Ruler that I did not find in any of the packages but believe this is held up while being redone.

In all, everything appeared in very good condition at first glance. No complaints on my order thus far.
    Last edited by Coog; 01-18-2014 at 14:55.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

@Coog-Good for you Bobby. My package was also missing a couple of minor items as well. I contacted Ares and Roberto took care of me.

Based on the discussion on a prior post, the wooden Combat Ruler has to be remarked due to a change of which Keith wasn't aware. New ones are supposed to be sent later. Being a lot of extra work to remove the ones from the Lieutenant's packages, I imagine that they left those in but did not send out individually packaged extras.

An ink line is good enough for me. But I won't pass up freebees.
    Name:  DSC05037.JPG
Views: 807
Size:  115.4 KB

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Ted, how many mats did you order? I don't keep my boxes for the mats, so I might be able to send you mine. Don't lose hope in a good game for admittedly poor customer service.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    An ink line is good enough for me. But I won't pass up freebees.
    And since I'm doing them in house and want to do more than just fix the mistake and replace, I've added some graphics to the new CRs and they look much better. I'll try and grab some photos tomorrow.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Excellent Keith. Thanks for the extra effort.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Hajj View Post
    And since I'm doing them in house and want to do more than just fix the mistake and replace, I've added some graphics to the new CRs and they look much better. I'll try and grab some photos tomorrow.
    Looking forward to these. I was showing a friend the components in the starter kit this evening, and I had your wooden attitude indicators in the box. They do look nice; it will be great to have the corrected rulers - definite aesthetic enhancement.

Very happy your stuff arrived, Bobby. Good times are on the horizon.
    Last edited by 7eat51; 01-18-2014 at 23:56.

Hope you decieded to reconsider Ted! Friday I went over to a friend's house who received his Captain's pledge on December 23, I have yet to received mine (LT) and I live 10 minutes down the road!! Now I am not happy about the KS distribution, but looking at the ships I am still motivated to play!!

Since you are in NJ maybe we can meet up at NJCON in June? I am running a SoG game at Cold Wars as well, (with my friends ships if I don't have mine!).

Hang in there.

BTW: If I don't have my stuff next week I will be contacting Ares .

Eric

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Martin

Still waiting for my KS package, but purchased a SOL from our local store, the model is excellence now to try the rules

Much appreciated, thanks.

I got four of them through kickstarter and was planning on ordering two more. Would it be easier to handle the replacements and the extras together, or let Ares keep track and deal with the replacements and then make the separate order from you?

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Blozinski View Post
    I got four of them through kickstarter and was planning on ordering two more. Would it be easier to handle the replacements and the extras together, or let Ares keep track and deal with the replacements and then make the separate order from you?
    Andy, is that directed at me? If so, shoot me a PM please as I'm not following you.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Awards Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

A week since the last new site members update, and, And AND...

From the perspective of THIS site, things maybe just got a bit more interesting:

Name:  NewMembersByDay_20140121.png
Views: 736
Size:  17.4 KB

A first class job Keith.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by RichardPF View Post
    A week since the last new site members update, and, And AND...

From the perspective of THIS site, things maybe just got a bit more interesting:

Name:  NewMembersByDay_20140121.png
Views: 736
Size:  17.4 KB
    Bruce, can you start a new thread for these updates... it would be nice to have them all in one easy to find thread. A note in the post about occurred around those dates would put everything into perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    A first class job Keith.
    Name:  buildit.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  16.4 KB

Well Bruce, It looks like things are looking up. (pun intended)

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Martin

My parcel has not arrived yet but I visited my local store - Marquee Models in Harlow, Essex, UK and purchased a SOL just to ease the pent up excitement!! They had all the selection available and I was able to see and touch the starter set and terrain packs ooh!!

The model is excellent and I although I plan to wash and rig it, is ready to go into action.

It has been a long wait and one day my parcel will come.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

You sir, are a talented gentleman and a scholar. Thank you for doing them so nicely!

@ Ted - I too hope you stick with it. It's pretty fun sailing these bad boys around.

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Martin

I have my KS set, nothing missing, damaged also no extras!

Time to play! Ok who in Hertfordshire is available...?

I suppose I'll post here even though I got a box with half my stuff missing. All ships other than Starter Set had bent foremasts (the ones I received anyway). See my full post on this thread:

http://www.sailsofglory.org/showthre...8295#post28295

2nd Lieutenant
    Serbia

Log Entries
    Name
    Heмaњa

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    So theoretically they could have takenlall the ships and cards and stuff out of the official boxes and stuffed them all with packing in a large brown box and that would be ok.

I guess we were lucky
    Black brown box is good...
    Have you considered brown wrapping paper option?