Hello all,

I'm new to AoS gaming (or, to be precise, I *will* be new to it when the ships finally arrive).

Given my other proclivities, it seems inevitable that I will enjoy the individual battles better if they are placed within some simple campaign framework. After all, it is telling that although I enjoy all the Aubrey/Maturin books, the Mauritius Command is my favorite.

In my mind's eye, I see a simple operational context, maybe a chain of contested islands, in which each commodore has a small mixed squadron, a few convoy assignments / cargo ships / troop transports, a few ports with fortifications; and must assign frigates and SOLs to appropriate missions--cruises, bombardments, blockades, raids and cutting out expeditions, invasions, etc. All this would be contrived so as to regularly set the stage for a miniatures battle. Perhaps a bit like the Solomons Campaign for WW2 naval.

I've tried to web search for something along these lines, but I haven't turned anything much up. I looked at the (rather spare) operational rules for Heart of Oak, and there may be some mechanics to borrow there, but it seems it would take a lot of work to flesh it out.

Am I just looking in the wrong place for resources? Does anyone know of any existing campaign rules along these lines?

Thanks!!