Thread: Flatcon SoG Event Friday 25th of October

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Default Flatcon SoG Event Friday 25th of October

I received notification today that I have officially been given a slot to run SoG at Flatcon on Friday evening, 25th of October.

Flatcon's website: http://www.flatcon.com/default.shtml

I will be running SoG at Rock-Con on Sunday morning, the 27th of October.

Rock-Con's website: http://www.nobleminis.com/RockconWP/

Eric, I hope you'll post pictures.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

I do too. If our pictures don't turn out, we will buy a new camera.

I hope some of the other folks bring cameras as well. In fact, I will send them a request.

I like the addition to your avatar. I believe you said that it is historically Polish, correct?

Yes, it's a 17th century Polish war jack. In the 18th & 19th century many Poles served on Russian ships.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Very nice. I have been reading about the Polish-Russian War after WWI, and have had a growing appreciation for the contributions of Poland then, and during WWII. I am not knowledgeable about Poles during the AoS.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Good luck with the Flatcon event, and more importantly have a fun time. Too bad Bloomington isn't a bit closer.

Don't think I'll make Rock Con either, but I know the game will be well received, and you'll do a great job promoting it prior to release.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Jim, I am sorry to hear you won't make Rock-Con. We can setup a road trip to Wisconsin sometime, especially once we have game in hand.

I converted some WGF planes to the 1920 Polish air force.

There was no organized Polish naval force in the Napoleonic era that I'm aware of. Just the army of the Duchy of Warsaw fighting for that Corsican guy, and what they thought would be the freedom of their country (like they did in WWII).

Wow, did not know FlatCON existed. To bad it is the same weekend as ROCKCON as it is in driving distance for me.

Good Luck!

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    I converted some WGF planes to the 1920 Polish air force.
    Any pictures? Have you read Flight of Eagles, on American pilots fighting for Poland?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ironsides View Post
    Wow, did not know FlatCON existed. To bad it is the same weekend as ROCKCON as it is in driving distance for me.

Good Luck!
    I couldn't believe both events were on the same weekend, given their relatively close proximity to each other. If they are on different weekends next year, you have a place to stay if you want to attend.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Jim, I am sorry to hear you won't make Rock-Con. We can setup a road trip to Wisconsin sometime, especially once we have game in hand.
    I wont rule out a possible drive down on Sunday, but I'm behind getting ready for another convention here in Madison the following weekend (TeslaCon).

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    I wont rule out a possible drive down on Sunday, but I'm behind getting ready for another convention here in Madison the following weekend (TeslaCon).
    Jim is that the same as Game hole which is also in Madison that weekend?

http://www.gameholecon.com/

If not that is another I did not hear about. Some friends are trying to get me to play in a X-wing tournament Friday, but unfortunately i have to work that weekend anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Any pictures? Have you read Flight of Eagles, on American pilots fighting for Poland?
    No pictures. The next time I have them out, I'll take some.
    Haven't read Flight of Eagles by Robert F. Karolevitz, Ross S. Fenn, but I just ordered it from Amazon. Thanks.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

The book is a very pleasant read, and the pictures are interspersed throughout the book, coinciding with the text. I learned a lot. I ordered several more books via the library. This was a war of which I was ignorant until introduced to it by Andrzej (Nightbomber). I am learning how significant it was in terms of delaying the spread of the Bolshevism.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the book. I did a review of it on the 'Drome. We can have our own little Oprah book club, though something tells me we, two, are not Oprah followers.