Thread: Rock-Con

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Default Rock-Con

Hello mates,

Is anyone going to Rock-con who might be interested in sharing a hotel room for that Saturday night? I'm not planning to be there Friday, so it'd just be the one night.

Hoping that Eric gets to start off a new trend of sailing adventures there!

Dave

Dave,

I will be there Saturday and Sunday, but driving down from Janesville. I see SoG on the schedule for Sunday AM. I hope to get in.

FWIW, I will be running Naval Thunder Saturday afternoon and evening if anyone wants to check it out.

Anyone else Going?

This is a great convention. I will be running tow Naval Thunder events and there is a multitude of other games on the event schedule.

This event always has one of the best Silent Auction events. Many local gamers clear out thier shelves and bring their unwanted treasures to this event. Last year I scored 7 War at Sea Base set booster for $50.

http://www.nobleminis.com/RockconWP/

I hope to get in the SoG event on Sunday.

Hope to see some of you there.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Aaron, I hope to play in your game on Saturday. I am not sure, but Sue might play as well.

A space is reserved for you on Sunday. Any desire to sail a specific type of ship?

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Aaron, I hope to play in your game on Saturday. I am not sure, but Sue might play as well.

A space is reserved for you on Sunday. Any desire to sail a specific type of ship?
    Thanks!

I am pretty open, just want to learn the rules first hand before my ships arrive. I have not had a chance to go through the download copy of the rules yet. Hope to get a read in before Sunday.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ironsides View Post
    Thanks!

I am pretty open, just want to learn the rules first hand before my ships arrive. I have not had a chance to go through the download copy of the rules yet. Hope to get a read in before Sunday.
    I plan on introducing additional rules every few turns. This way, folks can get a good feel for the game in terms of options, without the need to remember too much upfront. I am working on a set of player aid cards that I will post here within a day or two to solicit feedback before printing them off.

I have no knowledge about the rule set you are using. It should be fun times all around.

It will be nice to meet you in person.

I plan on introducing additional rules every few turns. This way, folks can get a good feel for the game in terms of options, without the need to remember too much upfront. I am working on a set of player aid cards that I will post here within a day or two to solicit feedback before printing them off.

I have no knowledge about the rule set you are using. It should be fun times all around.

It will be nice to meet you in person.
    Sounds good. The afternoon Naval Thunder session is intended to teach new players with several smaller historical scenarios. The evening session is a larger alternate history battle. New players are welcome at both as it is a very easy system to learn.

Looking forward to it.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Timothy

Quote Originally Posted by degodave View Post
    Hello mates,

Is anyone going to Rock-con who might be interested in sharing a hotel room for that Saturday night? I'm not planning to be there Friday, so it'd just be the one night.

Hoping that Eric gets to start off a new trend of sailing adventures there!

Dave
    I'll be there at Rock-Con, but I live here in Loves Park!!! Sorry about that!!!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Timothy

I'm planning to play too, any British Frigates handy???

Since I am running WWII Naval Thunder if you consider a Heavy or Light Cruiser a Frigate I have a few of those.