Thread: SoG preorders

Default SoG preorders

Sails of Glory preorders are available from https://12-7-games.com/catalog/pre-order-items and the prices look pretty good.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Yeah... I've been a longtime customer, and was just about to post this myself. :) Bill's a straight-shooter, and largely is in the business to support his own gaming habit--the Kickstarter is actually the first order I've done with anybody OTHER than him in years.

And he has a few KS exclusive ships for sale, that he must have got with his Admiral pledges.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

I saw the pre-orders yesterday while looking at other products. I was surprised at how low they were. Some are 35% below MSRP.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

35% or Minimum Advertised Price is Bill's usual target... like I said, part of why he got into this is to support his own habit. IIRC he's retired, and thus this is a supplement to his retirement in addition to helping stretch his own hobby budget a lot further by getting his own pieces at wholesale price.

The KS's, I'm proud to observe that I was one of the ones who encouraged him to stock up on the exclusives, and on whatever he could get at better-than-distro prices. :)
    Last edited by Diamondback; 05-05-2013 at 18:51.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

The only problem I have with 12-7-Games is the website's overly-paranoid password-creation rules -- is he also a white-hat hacker? :)

It can't get any easier to place an order than with 12-7. If you worry about computer security, give him a call. I've never had any thing but a pleasure dealing with him. He even ordered stuff for me that he didn't stock.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

No, he just had a security breach once and has done everything possible to lock it down in the years since including some EXPENSIVE systems upgrades. That was I think like 5 years ago,sometime around Set 2 or Set 3 of War at Sea...

And, when I was looking at getting into business custom-painting planes for War at Sea custom-cards, he arranged me a huge batch of "starting stock" after he found some 1/700 plane packs at a garage sale. Still debating whether I want to go for it, or just build up my own insane-sized air forces... and if I do, he's got a batch of any he wants gratis upon request.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 05-05-2013 at 19:38.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Nice. Thank you for the info and link. I've bookmarked this for future reference.

Midshipman
    Scotland

Log Entries
    Name
    Gaz

I see that some of his prices are cheaper than KS.

Additional Starter Set Option - If your level is Gunner and up, you may add $ 80 to your pledge to request one additional Starter Set. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ombat?ref=live

12-7 games price is $58.40 against a List Price of $89.90

That's pretty cheap, even with overseas shipping they may work out great value.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Cory

Their singles on just about everything always seem to match or beat the competitors.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

I noticed coolstuffinc is preparing a page for Sails of Glory. A good sign I think. Any word on when next month KS shipping will start?

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_sea...sails+of+glory

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    I noticed coolstuffinc is preparing a page for Sails of Glory. A good sign I think. Any word on when next month KS shipping will start?

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_sea...sails+of+glory
    I haven't seen anything concrete about shipping or production.

I'm wondering if the KS items aren't ready to ship if Ares will bring anything to sell at GenCon? It's not a good thing to market items before your KS supporters have their items in hand, but sales at GenCon are huge and can easily pay the company costs of attending.

About a month to go. . .if they follow through on projections.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    I haven't seen anything concrete about shipping or production.

I'm wondering if the KS items aren't ready to ship if Ares will bring anything to sell at GenCon? It's not a good thing to market items before your KS supporters have their items in hand, but sales at GenCon are huge and can easily pay the company costs of attending.

About a month to go. . .if they follow through on projections.
    Actually..it should be more like a week or two:
    "we expect to start mass-production in April, as soon as the Kickstarter ends, for a delivery to our backers in late July."

I'm still worried they have yet to ask me for their $8. Maybe they're going to get final payments just before shipping.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Ares is putting out quite a bit in a short period of time. My hopes are by the end of August.

I am really looking forward to introducing SoG to our group. They have really enjoyed learning and playing WoG. This will be a great addition.