+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAVCO 1/1200 ships For Sale

Default NAVCO 1/1200 ships For Sale

These are not as good as GHQ or Langton, but if painted well they look good on the wargame table.
    Prices are $4.00 each delivered. U.S. only. (shipping outside the US would cost that much for shipping)
    Minimum 0rder is 3.

ALL SOLD

1/1200 NAV WAR

Spanish
    112 Gun SANTANA

British
    110 Gun HMS VILLE DE PARIS
    98 Gun HMS UNION
    80 Gun HMS CANOPUS
    74 Gun HMS IMPLACABLE
    64 Gun HMS AFRICA
    64 Gun HMS INDEFATIGABLE
    64 Gun HMS INDEFATIGABLE
    54 Gun HMS GLATTON (Ex East Indiaman)
    54 Gun HMS GLATTON (Ex East Indiaman)
    50 Gun HMS CENTURION
    38 Gun HMS SHANNON
    38 Gun HMS MACEDONIAN
    12 or 14 Gun Naval Cutter (2 SHIPS in Pkg)
    8 gun Cat Merchant Vessel
    Bomb Brig HMS INDIGNANT 13" Mortar & 12x18 pdr carronades (2 SHIPS in Pkg)

French
    74 Gun LE SUPERBE
    40 Gun POMONE
    20 Gun MARS (2 SHIPS in Pkg)
    Last edited by Gunner; 03-03-2013 at 12:09.

Ed
    Surely you are not getting out of the game before it's published :D

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    Ed
    Surely you are not getting out of the game before it's published :D
    Not on your life. These are all extras.
    Right now I'm working on Empress Catherine II's navy.

Gunner, did you end up finding homes for all of these?

No, I still have most but, selling them one at a time would be a pain. If you would like a few, let me know which ones.

Gunner,
    I am interested in the Dutch and Danish ships. Do you take paypal?

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    Gunner,
    I am interested in the Dutch and Danish ships. Do you take paypal?
    Sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Sent you a PM

Shipped your package Priority mail today. Expected delivery date is this Friday 2/22.

Thank you Ed. Nice doing business with you.

Vol

Your second package shipped this morning. You should get it on the 6th or 7th. Hope you have extra sails, I included a couple of hulls.

Ed

Vol

Your second package shipped this morning. You should get it on the 6th or 7th. Hope you have extra sails, I included a couple of hulls.

Ed
    Heading home Monday the 11th. Hope they're there. I'm anxious to see the Davcos.

Heading home Monday the 11th. Hope they're there. I'm anxious to see the Davcos.
    USPS tracking says it was delivered priority mail on March 07, 2013, 1:47 pm.

Have a safe trip back.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

We're anxious to see the finished work!

Received the package Ed, thank you. I'm working on the Davco Temeraire and Agamemnon as I have time. As I mentioned in another post, the Agamemnon doesn't match the configuration of the Langton Agamemnon I have. The Navwar and Davco HMS indefatigables don't match either. The Navwar Razee' has 58 guns and the Davco Razee' has 32 guns, and they don't look like the same ship class at all. I have the same situation with the GHQ and Langton Spanish Montenez. Makes me wonder if any of these companies are really doing the research to sculpt ships accurate to their class.

Received the package Ed, thank you. I'm working on the Davco Temeraire and Agamemnon as I have time. As I mentioned in another post, the Agamemnon doesn't match the configuration of the Langton Agamemnon I have. The Navwar and Davco HMS indefatigables don't match either. The Navwar Razee' has 58 guns and the Davco Razee' has 32 guns, and they don't look like the same ship class at all. I have the same situation with the GHQ and Langton Spanish Montenez. Makes me wonder if any of these companies are really doing the research to sculpt ships accurate to their class.
    One thing in Navco's defence is I think the castings were made before the internet and their information resources were limited to libraries.
    And even today the GHQ ships seem a smidge smaller than Langton, but are more detailed (sharper castings).

The good news is (at least for now) there is only one manufacturer of 1/1000 ships and hopefully all of the rates will be in scale to each other.

By the way, I found some GHQ packs. Let me know if you grew a third arm and are interested.

Yes, I am interested. What do you have?

Give me a day to dig around and make sure I don't find something later.

ALL SOLD
    GHQ Micronauts
    #211 100 gun HMS Victory List $ 13.95 = $7.50
    #231 74 gun HMS Bellona List $13.95 = $7.50
    #132 74 gun Le Supurbe List $13.95 = $7.50
    #141 40 gun La Vengeance List $ 9.95 = $5.50
    #291 20 gun West Indies Merchantman List $8.75 = $5.00

#431 74 gun El Montanes (hull primed-sails partially painted) List 13.95 = $6.50
    #221 98 gun HMS Boyne (hull primed) List $13.95 = $6.50
    #121 80 gun Le Bucentaure (primed) List $13.95 = $6.50
    #131 74 gun L’ Achille (Hull primed) List $13.95 = $6.50

+ $5.95 Priority postage. one or all. (split on all $3.00)
    Last edited by Gunner; 10-14-2013 at 00:04.

I already have all of them but:

Total $27 plus $5.95 shipping = $32.95

Deal?

I already have all of them but:

Deal. Will ship tomorrow.

Total $27 plus $5.95 shipping = $32.95

Deal?

Uh, was that a yes?

Must have deleated message somehow.

The answer was yes. Will ship tomorrow.

Thanks Ed, payment sent.

Shipped this morning, Priority Mail. You should receive them no later than Friday

OK thanks Ed. I'm almost finished with the Davco Temeraire and Agamemnon. I had to make new masts and there were no spars on the sails so I made those too. I always work from the stern to the bow and last night, just as I was ready to mount the jib and forestay sails, I discovered they were backwards for both ships. They blow in the opposite direction from the driver. I checked all of the Davco ships and they are all the same, the spanker is curved to port and the jib & forestay sails are curved to starboard, what's up with that? So now I'll be making some new sails.

OK thanks Ed. I'm almost finished with the Davco Temeraire and Agamemnon. I had to make new masts and there were no spars on the sails so I made those too. I always work from the stern to the bow and last night, just as I was ready to mount the jib and forestay sails, I discovered they were backwards for both ships. They blow in the opposite direction from the driver. I checked all of the Davco ships and they are all the same, the spanker is curved to port and the jib & forestay sails are curved to starboard, what's up with that? So now I'll be making some new sails.

The masts should be facing thr stern, and the sails facing the bow. I double checked my built Navco's and Davco's and that's the way they all faced. So I'm confused.
    Could you email a picture to me

The masts should be facing thr stern, and the sails facing the bow. I double checked my built Navco's and Davco's and that's the way they all faced. So I'm confused.
    Could you email a picture to me
    The driver is billowed to port, the jibs are billowed to starboard. This is wrong.

Sorry, I don't know why, but I was thinking of the masts, not the driver, jib & fore sails. After checking some of my complete models (built 20 years ago and fought many scores of battles) no one ever noticed, but their sails are as you described. Try pressing the driver sails flat, then with your finger give them a slght bend in the opposite direction. I'm leaving mine alone.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

The driver is billowed to port, the jibs are billowed to starboard. This is wrong.
    Pictures, if at all possible, please?

Try pressing the driver sails flat, then with your finger give them a slght bend in the opposite direction. I'm leaving mine alone.
    I thought of that, but the forestay sail should be on the inside of the jib sail. If you bend them the opposite way then the forestay sail is on the outside of the jib sail, again that would be wrong. I guess I'm nit picking but I want my ships to look as right as I can get them. It really isn't that much trouble to make the sails out of brass sheet. I just didn't expect to have to do it for every Davco. I've already marked and cut out sail sets for almost a third of the Navwars so far, they go pretty fast. The masts and spars take longer.

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Maybe Gunner can post a picture of one of his built Davcos with the opposite driver and jib sail configuration? I'm not building mine that way. I could take a photo of them lying flat but I'm not sure you could really see what we're talking about. I'll try.

2nd Lieutenant
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Rory

Hi Vol,
    I,ve said it before but I wll say it again "Langtons" I hope I may get pics onto this Site
    Be safe
    Rory

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    OK Chris, here are pictures I hope you can make out what I've been talking about.

Name:  2013-03-20 16.24.29_small.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  296.3 KB
    Name:  2013-03-20 16.25.06_small.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  321.0 KB
    Name:  2013-03-20 16.26.01_small.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  289.9 KB

And Hello Rory! I guess you figured out what was wrong. Welcome back. I hope you can show these folks your harbour and town.

PS: I finished the Davco Agamemnon. I'll post it in the Chippy Shop and of course on my blogsite http://volsminiatures.blogspot.com/

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

OK Chris, here are pictures I hope you can make out what I've been talking about.
    Yes, I can. I suppose it would be painfully obvious if they were installed the other-way-around.

Shipped this morning, Priority Mail. You should receive them no later than Friday
    Received the package Ed, thank you. And thanks for the extras as well. Was hoping for the extra anchors and boats that usually come with GHQ, but I guess you use them as much as I do. No worries. Appreciate the second Montanes. Great doing business with you, again!

2nd Lieutenant
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Rory

Hi Vol, Yes I can see what what you mean! No I would think I may not have seen this But I have not made a davco model. Vol I have done it I have uploaded photos on this stite. Thank you for getting me to do it. I have not shown my models too close as yours are so much better than mine.
    Be safe
    Rory

Received the package Ed, thank you. And thanks for the extras as well. Was hoping for the extra anchors and boats that usually come with GHQ, but I guess you use them as much as I do. No worries. Appreciate the second Montanes. Great doing business with you, again!
    I have a boatload (excuse the pun) of extra boats and anchors. Give me a few days to track them down and I'll put some in a envelope and mail them to you.

I have a boatload (excuse the pun) of extra boats and anchors. Give me a few days to track them down and I'll put some in a envelope and mail them to you.
    Wow that would be super Ed and much appreciated as I am running very low. It would be worth at least a couple of more stars when/if they ever let me give you another one.

Best regards,
    Vol

Quote Originally Posted by Devsdoc View Post
    Hi Vol, Yes I can see what what you mean! No I would think I may not have seen this But I have not made a davco model. Vol I have done it I have uploaded photos on this stite. Thank you for getting me to do it. I have not shown my models too close as yours are so much better than mine.
    Be safe
    Rory
    Great to hear Rory. And I like your ships and your harbour, and you town, etc., etc. Where did yo put your pictures? I couldn't find a new thread from you or a new album????
    Last edited by Volunteer; 03-22-2013 at 19:21.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Travis

hey gunner i was just wondering what you have left that is available

Quote Originally Posted by BonhommeRichard View Post
    hey gunner i was just wondering what you have left that is available
    Still have,

GHQ Micronauts
    #431 74 gun El Montanes (hull primed-sails partially painted) List 13.95 = $6.50

Still have,

GHQ Micronauts

Ed,

Do you still have these?

Vol

Ed,

Do you still have these?

Vol
    Yes I do, plus a few free odds & ends.

QUOTE=Gunner;18642]Yes I do, plus a few free odds & ends.[/QUOTE]

OK, give me a price plus shipping. I make it $40, is that right?
    Last edited by Volunteer; 10-08-2013 at 07:09.

QUOTE=Gunner;18642]Yes I do, plus a few free odds & ends.
    OK, give me a price plus shipping. I make it $40, is that right? [/QUOTE]

$40.00 is correct.

Error
    Last edited by Volunteer; 10-08-2013 at 15:11. Reason: delete post

Ok Ed. I'll paypal you when I get to work tonight. Too hard to do from my cell. I'm such an old fogey. Oh crap! Did I say that out loud?

Eh! Speak up Sonny. If I can get my walker up the Post Office steps, I'll mail it tomorrow.

Payment is sent Ed.......Payment is sent Ed.

Payment is sent Ed.......Payment is sent Ed.
    Same address?

+ Reply to Thread