Thread: Congratulations

Midshipman
    Scotland

Log Entries
    Name
    Gaz

Default Congratulations

Congratulations to Ares on a job well done on a very successful Kickstart campaign.

I love that peoples input and opinion appear to have been listened to and even implemented, that you have tried to get the best deal possible for your paying customers, most odd
    It's also great that the "Anchorage" members get a direct input into your game with the Merchantman/Pirate idea.

I'm oddly happy at spending my money on this, (wish I had more spare cash if I'm honest!), is it perhaps because I feel involved? who can tell....

P.S. Keith gets his thanks elsewhere :- http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.p...0393#post10393

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Smile

Gaz is right. Ares has done their customers a great service. To be lucky enough to be this involved at this stage is great, to have this site to come to and share ideas and knowledge of everything surrounding SGN is OUTSTANDING! Thank you Keith your vision obviously extends beyond the horizon line the rest of us are limited to.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Ted

It was a long campaign that is a success. A constant increase in pledge amounts showed there is a good interest in the product line. Hope there is future success with all Ares products.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Cmmdre View Post
    Gaz is right. Ares has done their customers a great service. To be lucky enough to be this involved at this stage is great, to have this site to come to and share ideas and knowledge of everything surrounding SGN is OUTSTANDING! Thank you Keith your vision obviously extends beyond the horizon line the rest of us are limited to.

That's cause the wife will never let me leave the crow's nest

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Lawrence

Agreed!

I have just been so excited seeing the evolution of the KS campaign...I'm not sure what to do for the next four months...

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Unhappy

Wait for your bloody ship to get in!

Midshipman
    Netherlands

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Cmmdre View Post
    Wait for your bloody ship to get in!
    While waiting for the delivery, we need to ensure that the enthusiasm shown so far doesn't wane. The guys who founded the Anchorage back in 2011 have already waited 2 years for this. Most of us will only have to wait a few months, but what to do in the meantime. :g&t:

Midshipman
    Scotland

Log Entries
    Name
    Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Gull
    what to do in the meantime

resort to Rum and the lash??

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Gull View Post
    While waiting for the delivery, we need to ensure that the enthusiasm shown so far doesn't wane. The guys who founded the Anchorage back in 2011 have already waited 2 years for this. Most of us will only have to wait a few months, but what to do in the meantime. :g&t:
    there were times in the last eighteen months I wondered if SOG would ever happen. They had so little on the web site and seemed swamped with WOG and Lord of the Rings it seemed to have been put on the back burner. Luckily for all not so, still all that drinking:g&t: did help to pass the months away

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    there were times in the last eighteen months I wondered if SOG would ever happen. They had so little on the web site and seemed swamped with WOG and Lord of the Rings it seemed to have been put on the back burner. Luckily for all not so, still all that drinking:g&t: did help to pass the months away
    I'm sure those early days were tough. Luckily this site gave hope that the project would come together eventually. Now we wait.:g&t: I hope my liver holds out.
    Last edited by Cmmdre; 04-14-2013 at 08:12.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Agreed. Congrats to Ares and all the supporters here for that matter. Now comes the long haul to August.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

I'm only glad I stumbled onto the KS via another forum, it would have been sad to have missed out on the KS stuff!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Gull View Post
    The guys who founded the Anchorage back in 2011 have already waited 2 years for this. Most of us will only have to wait a few months, but what to do in the meantime. :g&t:
    I'll start a thread elsewhere, but one thought that came to me was that we could organize some sort of real live Con-type of event. I know the barriers are huge, but it's rare to experience this level of passion and camaraderie on a game-related site.

Or, in the alternative to organizing a separate event, we could try to organize a large SGN presence at an established convention like Gen-Con or Origins (just throwing out ideas here...). I imagine, if done professionally, Ares would love to have so much free promotion of their game by such die-hard fans!

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLaborMike View Post
    I'll start a thread elsewhere, but one thought that came to me was that we could organize some sort of real live Con-type of event. I know the barriers are huge, but it's rare to experience this level of passion and camaraderie on a game-related site.

Or, in the alternative to organizing a separate event, we could try to organize a large SGN presence at an established convention like Gen-Con or Origins (just throwing out ideas here...). I imagine, if done professionally, Ares would love to have so much free promotion of their game by such die-hard fans!
    That's funny because I thought this was a history related site that dabbled in gaming. That explains a lot.

2nd Lt
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bob

Ares did a good thing with KICKSTARTER but it was the folks in here that did the work by contributing to the game and making it happen. So I think thanks go out to all that made this happen.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Capt P View Post
    Ares did a good thing with KICKSTARTER but it was the folks in here that did the work by contributing to the game and making it happen. So I think thanks go out to all that made this happen.
    Unlike other KS projects I am currently participating in, this one was a communal affair - much more enjoyable sharing the ride. Felt like an election, only more trustworthy. :g&t: