PDA

View Full Version : Prototype Game

CappyTom
03-31-2013, 10:34
I got an email from Scott Boor that the prototype game will be getting here by the 2nd. My friends and I will be playing it and giving a review on it soon. I will be posting photos and an AAR. Can hardly wait. I don't believe it will have minis just cards.

:steer:
Thomas

Wargamer
03-31-2013, 10:52
Prototype of which game?

CappyTom
03-31-2013, 11:47
Sails of Glory.

7eat51
03-31-2013, 14:27
Looking forward to it Thomas. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on some of the discussions taking place here, such as raking and firing arcs. Hope you have a good time.

Cmmdre
03-31-2013, 14:50
I got an email from Scott Boor that the prototype game will be getting here by the 2nd. My friends and I will be playing it and giving a review on it soon. I will be posting photos and an AAR. Can hardly wait. I don't believe it will have minis just cards.

:steer:
Thomas

Lucky scallawags. How do you get onboard that ship?

CappyTom
03-31-2013, 20:31
Lucky scallawags. How do you get onboard that ship?

Keith hooked me up sort of speaking. And I will be getting with Carey, Randy and the rest of the guys around here and play some games. Can't wait to see how it plays.

Thomas

Cmmdre
03-31-2013, 20:36
It will be much appreciated to hear what you and the rest of the guys think about the mechanics and flow of the game.

The Royal Hajj
03-31-2013, 20:53
Just a heads up, the preview package only contains the Basic rules. They are working on getting us a PDF of the standard and advanced, but not sure if it will work out before the KS is over or not. I'll be running my review games later next week as well.

There are no minis, only cards... well, for the rest of you that is :cannonboom:

Andy Blozinski
03-31-2013, 22:08
Please let me know how many ships you use and how much game mat space said number of ships effectively takes up to complete a game.

David Manley
03-31-2013, 23:58
Please let me know how many ships you use and how much game mat space said number of ships effectively takes up to complete a game.

Just to be going on with in advance of Keith's games, I was playing 4 ships on a 3x3 table and it seemed OK as long as everyone wanted to stay in the fight. We did have a couple of occasions where we had to "scroll" the table, but such is the nature of naval combat :)

RichardPF
04-01-2013, 01:35
Looking forward to it Thomas. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on some of the discussions taking place here, such as raking and firing arcs. Hope you have a good time.

Beside the combat dynamics induced by the fore and aft extent of the firing arcs, I am also interested in the included movement cards and how readily the ships can be tacked without basically falling into an inadvertent heave to.

Beowulf03809
04-01-2013, 11:45
Sails of Glory.

Hey! I've heard of that! :rum: