PDA

View Full Version : Kickstarter Question

Beowulf03809
03-24-2013, 11:46
Ok...KS is new to me, and actually so is "Amazon Payment" as an external entity, though I have made purchases thru Amazon in the past. I wanted to ask a couple quick questions here before I lock into anything.

First, pledging in KS only commits you to the money but it's not actually charged until the closure, right?
Second, when Amazon Payment charges, what options exist?

I may be going in with a friend on the sign up, and I am also looking to use a gift card I received for my birthday. I'd rather not use my cc for the full purchase but I have heard you cannot apply different cards to a single Amazon Payment purchase. What I was thinking therefore would be to use my gift card, a little cash, and the money from any friends that want to get something to purchase an Amazon Gift Card. When KS closes and Amazon charges use the Amazon Gift Card first and then apply my cc to the remainder.

This is all hypothetical though as I haven't seen the options available. And so I wanted to ask here before I get myself locked into a method that complicates things in my ignorance.

Thanks in advance for any insight and suggestions.

Sea Gull
03-24-2013, 12:37
I've never used Amazon Payments before so I really don't know either. Howver the KS web site does say that they only accept major credit cards. no mention is made of Amazon Gift Vouchers. If nobody here knows, maybe an email to Amozon will help you get the correct info before you make a decision.

Cheers
Chris

Beowulf03809
03-24-2013, 13:11
I thought I had seen that all Kickstarter payments were processed thru Amazon Payment, but I may be wrong.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out if there's an easy way to divide a purchase up across payment types (even just more than one credit card).

RichardPF
03-24-2013, 13:22
I thought I had seen that all Kickstarter payments were processed thru Amazon Payment, but I may be wrong.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out if there's an easy way to divide a purchase up across payment types (even just more than one credit card).

I believe that Amazon Payments is the Kickstarer payment method in the US, however there are other methods that are used in other areas of the world.
My understanding is that in each geographic location there is one authorized payment method.
I do not believe that it is possible to divide a Kickstarter pledge payment across multiple methods.

7eat51
03-24-2013, 13:55
I have points from an amazon credit card. When I submitted my pledge, no option was present for mw to apply those points. Basically, I "had" to pay for the pledge and upgrades completely through the use of a credit card. If anyone has been able to apply other sources, I would be in interested, as well, in how it was done.

The Royal Hajj
03-24-2013, 20:55
I've only paid for one KS project so far, and when it closed, Amazon just charged the CC I used to setup Amazon Payment in the first place. There was no actions required on my part. When the project closed, they charged my card.

Beowulf03809
03-25-2013, 04:42
Thanks for the feedback so far! Much appreciated. I'll just see if my friend can get me physical reimbursement and accept I can't do much about the other for this.