PDA

View Full Version : The only one of his kind...

Comte de Brueys
03-14-2013, 10:47
Seems that I'm the only backer for French Gunner. :eek:

Treat me gentle, comrades. ;)

So the first broadside is mine, ok?

Sea Gull
03-14-2013, 14:07
You are unique amongst 634 other backers ... what do you know that we don't? ;)

7eat51
03-14-2013, 14:39
what do you know that we don't? ;)

How to surrender. ;)

RichardPF
03-14-2013, 14:49
How to surrender. ;)

INCOMING!!!!

Sharp and Funny...

Sea Gull
03-14-2013, 15:08
And we're off ... ;)

Jack Aubrey
03-15-2013, 05:30
:D;):D

not bad, not bad....

Comte de Brueys
03-15-2013, 07:07
How to surrender. ;)

That's a sharp attack from someone who owes his entire nation to the French. ;)

Jack Aubrey
03-15-2013, 09:16
If you want to realy tease an Italian, try this...
http://de.webfail.at/image/fuer-naechstes-mal-ohne-italien-wtfail-bild.html
böse, böse.....:eek:

I did not believe it....

Jack Aubrey
03-15-2013, 09:44
Seems that I'm the only backer for French Gunner. :eek:

Treat me gentle, comrades. ;)

So the first broadside is mine, ok?
And the next and the next.;)

csadn
03-15-2013, 17:41

Dare I ask what that shirt's text translates to?

Berthier
03-15-2013, 18:56
Something like "the next time without Italy"

Tommy Z
03-15-2013, 19:06
How to surrender. ;)

rotflmao........

Jack Aubrey
03-16-2013, 04:39

Yes, that is right. I can`t believe that kind of thinking....

David Manley
03-16-2013, 08:13
Yes, that is right. I can`t believe that kind of thinking....

Saw a horde of Dutch footie fans with "Where's my father's bike" T shirts in Germany once. And they say the Brits are insensitive (mind you, our guys had inflatable Spitfires at the time).

Sea Gull
03-16-2013, 10:03
Saw a horde of Dutch footie fans with "Where's my father's bike" T shirts in Germany once. And they say the Brits are insensitive (mind you, our guys had inflatable Spitfires at the time).

From my experience they're still outsode Amsterdam Centraal train station ! :D

For insensitivity, although it was very funny, I think it's hard to beat the Top Gear episode where they had a competition against the German TV show of the same. They decided to arrive in an understated and respectful manner. So they flew to the site in Spitfires. :cool:

7eat51
03-16-2013, 11:31

I'm still can't think of a reply; I think you got me with this one.

If you want to realy tease an Italian, try this...
böse, böse.....:eek:

I did not believe it....

As long as my wife and in-laws don't start wearing this, I'm fine.

csadn
03-16-2013, 15:13

Well, given what Italy did in WW2, and whose side they were on in WW1: It seems an accurate sentiment.

_Top Gear_: Or bringing the Australians to the set in prison vans. I suppose if they ever deign to do a US-v.-UK _TG_ ep over here, we can arrange for Jeremy, James, and Richard to be landed in Yorktown.... >;)

David Manley
03-16-2013, 15:32
They've already done some impressive episodes in the US - the trip through the deep South in particular :D

7eat51
03-16-2013, 22:10

The event of the day for the 16th of March is in your honor, good Sir. Yes, the U.S. owes a debt to France.

Comte de Brueys
03-17-2013, 02:19
Well, given what Italy did in WW2, and whose side they were on in WW1: It seems an accurate sentiment.

European Heighten Threat Levels:

It's not only the English and French who are on a heightened level of
alert. Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout loudly and
excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain:
"Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The event of the day for the 16th of March is in your honor, good Sir. Yes, the U.S. owes a debt to France.

I think the United States of America are even with France. Saved the French once and liberate it 27 years later.;)

David Manley
03-17-2013, 02:25
I suppose if they ever deign to do a US-v.-UK _TG_ ep over here, we can arrange for Jeremy, James, and Richard to be landed in Yorktown.... >;)

...whilst Tanner, Adam and Rutledge turn up late... :D

7eat51
03-17-2013, 09:11
European Heighten Threat Levels:

It's not only the English and French who are on a heightened level of
alert. Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout loudly and
excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain:
"Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

I must share this with my Paisan.

csadn
03-17-2013, 16:14
...whilst Tanner, Adam and Rutledge turn up late... :D

If at all -- Adam will have broken his car already; Tanner will be faffing about somewhere; Rutledge will be off terrifying NASCAR fans.

There's the challenge: "First, you have to *find* them." >;)

OmegaLazarus
03-19-2013, 10:42

I think the best we can do is to play as the French in honor of their support, maybe I'll change my pic to Comte De Grasse. We Americans must resist the common language desire to play as the Brits!

David Manley
03-19-2013, 11:43
I think the best we can do is to play as the French in honor of their support, maybe I'll change my pic to Comte De Grasse. We Americans must resist the common language desire to play as the Brits!

I think I'm lucky in that many of my AoS gaming friends are pretty agnostic when it comes to their favoured "side" and enjoy the challenge of playing just about any nation. I have quite a nice Portuguese squadron tucked away somewhere with a long dreamt of plan to run a campaign based on the civil wars of the 1830s and the (other) battle of Cape St Vincent, and one of my chums has a thing about playing the Turks (his approach to Navarino is rather more interesting than the historical version!)

7eat51
03-19-2013, 12:02
I think I'm lucky in that many of my AoS gaming friends are pretty agnostic when it comes to their favoured "side" and enjoy the challenge of playing just about any nation.

I concur. One of the things I have been pleasantly surprised about is the lack of national identification among WoG and apparently SoG players. I have interacted with folks who enjoy playing a given nation, but most of the time it has been a nation other than their own, and when it is their nation, there has been no arrogant national pride involved. Personally, I have been enjoying learning about the War of 1812, but that is because I was largely ignorant of it. I have, also, grown to admire Hull, but not because he was an American, but because of the type of man he was onboard ship.

csadn
03-19-2013, 16:06
(his approach to Navarino is rather more interesting than the historical version!)

How does he go about it?

Comte de Brueys
03-20-2013, 01:40
I always indentify with the nation I'm playing at the moment. That's fun.

For example Axis & Allies. As a Russian I try to defeat the fascistic Invaders from the west and defend Mother Russia. :angry:

Same thing with Sails of Glory. Commanding HMS Victory for example, it will be a pleasure for me to teach the revolutionary French King murderers a lesson, they will not forget. :happy:

A little bit role playing on a very basic level.

7eat51
03-20-2013, 07:35
I always indentify with the nation I'm playing at the moment. That's fun.

This is something I need to work on. There are certain nations I have always enjoyed playing, while others I have tried to avoid, and all for different reasons.

Recently, we played WoG with a group we met via the Aerodrome. A couple of the fellows wore Prussian/German caps and helmets. I told my wife we should invest in such props. Maybe doing so would help me get into character, if you will, for all nations and not just ones I prefer.

OmegaLazarus
03-20-2013, 08:36
A couple of the fellows wore Prussian/German caps and helmets. Maybe doing so would help me get into character, if you will, for all nations and not just ones I prefer.

I don't know. I always wear my Luger to the local game store and I swear no one wants to play with me. In fact everyone avoids me and they usually call the cops... who also apparently aren't looking for a pick-up game of WGS. :wink:

Seriously, I do what @Comte De Brueys does. I like to get into character with whoever I am. I try to pick up the accent and the philosophy. It is fun.

Comte de Brueys
03-22-2013, 03:00
Damn, we have to close this thread.

Another backer joined French Gunner. :erk:

Berthier
03-22-2013, 03:24
In another thread I questioned the possible need for duelling in any society. Asked and answered now I think. Go get him Sven:erk:

Sea Gull
03-22-2013, 08:35
Damn, we have to close this thread.

Another backer joined French Gunner. :erk:

How dare they !!! The nerve of some people. Don't they realise that French Gunner is yours, and yours alone? What is the world comming too when you just can't rely on anyone anymore. :question:

As Daniel said, "Go get him Sven." :shootright::shootleft::cannonboom:

Comte de Brueys
03-22-2013, 10:16
Seems to be the only alternative: To demand satisfaction from the offender!

:swordright: :swordleft:

Berthier, I need a "second" and I hope you'll do me the honour.