PDA

View Full Version : KICKSTARTER - In case you didn't know

Gunner
03-12-2013, 16:55
A good reason to buy into kickstarter at the Marine level or higher,

What does "Kickstarter-Exclusive" means? Will these ships ever be reprinted?

Any ship which is listed as a Kickstarter Exclusive will not be reprinted with the same packaging and paint job. It is possible that future ship packs using the same model will use the same game stats, but the Kickstarter version will remain recognizable and unique in its combination of packaging, components and colors.

So, if you want all 4 of the one of a kinds that won't be for sale later, buy your commision.

RichardPF
03-12-2013, 18:25
A good reason to buy into kickstarter at the Lieutenant level or higher,

What does "Kickstarter-Exclusive" means? Will these ships ever be reprinted?

Any ship which is listed as a Kickstarter Exclusive will not be reprinted with the same packaging and paint job. It is possible that future ship packs using the same model will use the same game stats, but the Kickstarter version will remain recognizable and unique in its combination of packaging, components and colors.

So, if you want one of a kinds that won't be for sale later, buy your commision.

Given what has happened with the secondary market prices of some of the early production Wings of War WWI airplanes, I wonder if we will see a speculative market develop for these ships?

Gunner
03-12-2013, 19:28
Given what has happened with the secondary market prices of some of the early production Wings of War WWI airplanes, I wonder if we will see a speculative market develop for these ships?

Without a doubt.
And given the amount of ships in all the battles, I think we'll see a lot of customizing.

7eat51
03-12-2013, 19:57
I imagine we'll see a secondary market for early releases and exclusives. If the game is successful, there will be later entrants who will want complete sets.

What I wonder is if we'll see a market for other companies producing the same scale. I do not know how many WWI or WWII plane mini games are out at present giving WoG competition, but since I have joined the Anchorage, I have become aware of multiple Age-of-Sail rules using different scales.

RichardPF
03-12-2013, 20:44
I imagine we'll see a secondary market for early releases and exclusives. If the game is successful, there will be later entrants who will want complete sets.

What I wonder is if we'll see a market for other companies producing the same scale. I do not know how many WWI or WWII plane mini games are out at present giving WoG competition, but since I have joined the Anchorage, I have become aware of multiple Age-of-Sail rules using different scales.

I understand the rational that the switch from the originally discussed popular 1:1200 scale to the 1:1000 scale makes the ships larger which allows for more detail and more reasonably sized smaller ships. I can also see strategic marketing reasons for producing the ships in a scale visibly larger than those already on the market.

Blackrose
03-14-2013, 07:42
Probably, the biggest competition for gamers' dollars will be from 3D printers. I'm not seeing a mini company retooling their line to try and mussel in on a small market share of what is basically a boardgame.
On demand printing, however, has much lower costs (designer's time, basically), and often the designer is making things for himself, and any sales from others is windfall profit. We've seen this over on the WoG forum from a couple of members.
Now, how easy it would be to produce sailing ships in WSF, I can't say. I'll be betting kits, of course.
Karl

Capt P
03-22-2013, 15:50
Well I am in at the LT level so will get my exclusive ships as I thing many will with the numbers I see when I go to the Ares page.

Diamondback
03-22-2013, 17:00
And then there's the double-sided cards next goal... I may have to hit the rels up for a Beancounter overrule, add a Marine package onto my Captain pledge and mop up the other starter and singles later.

RichardPF
03-22-2013, 17:39
And then there's the double-sided cards next goal... I may have to hit the rels up for a Beancounter overrule, add a Marine package onto my Captain pledge and mop up the other starter and singles later.

From an investment standpoint if nothing else, it would seem like everyone with a few extra sheckels (at least in the US) should be adding a Marine level (or 2 or 3 or ...) to whatever pledge that they already have in place.