PDA

View Full Version : Light-Hearted National Differences and Commonalities

7eat51
02-11-2013, 07:14
Recently, in the Any News thread, a discussion arose concerning the proper way to designate dates. This discussion led to other topics such as spelling and which side of the road one should drive on. The suggestion was made to start such a list, and so the birth of this thread. As the title indicates, this is to be a light-hearted discussion, so politics and religion are excluded. This forum, too, will enable Any News to focus on any news concerning the game we all long for.

Berthier
02-12-2013, 02:11
No religion...there goes my pope electoral thread...

7eat51
02-12-2013, 09:39
No religion...there goes my pope electoral thread...

Since such a thread could be considered a cardinal sin, the conversation might need to undergo a reformation. It is possible that some might make indulgences for such a thread, but others might protest, and we wouldn’t want to see anyone thrown over the wycliffes of Dover.

csadn
02-12-2013, 16:29
Since such a thread could be considered a cardinal sin, the conversation might need to undergo a reformation. It is possible that some might make indulgences for such a thread, but others might protest, and we wouldn’t want to see anyone thrown over the wycliffes of Dover.

The puns are getting papalbly worse.

7eat51
02-12-2013, 18:00
The puns are getting papalbly worse.

We should have nun of that, for the making of puns could develop into a habit. Someone could parish from such humor.

Berthier
02-13-2013, 03:30
Agghhhh.....

csadn
02-13-2013, 19:22
Agghhhh.....

Worse puns are forthcoming -- Jesuit....

Jack Aubrey
02-28-2013, 01:09
Light-Hearted National Differences and Commonalities
If I understand that right, here some differences:

What is the difference between an 65 year old man in England, France and Germany ?
At this age, the Englishman visit his club, has a cup of tea, a pipe with excellent tobacco, a whiskey and he read his Times.
The Frenchman has a basket with wine, cheese and bread and lying with his sweetheart at the strand and ..
and the German ? He swallows his heart medicine and goes to work.......................
That is the moment, I want to live in France...................:cool:

Volunteer
02-28-2013, 18:40
Me too! Last time I was in Paris floating down the Seine I saw many older gentlemen lounging with younger sweethearts on both banks. Seemed like the ideal life to me. Of course I didn't mention this to my Venusian.

Volunteer
02-28-2013, 18:40
Me too! Last time I was in Paris, floating down the Seine, I saw many older gentlemen lounging with younger sweethearts on both banks. Seemed like the ideal life to me. Of course I didn't mention this to my Venusian.