PDA

View Full Version : Sails of Glory at the UK Games Expo

James Wilmore
06-05-2024, 22:30
Although I belong to the Norwegian fleet (there aren't that many of us in these forums yet), I just came from the UK Games Expo where I learned to play the game and bought my starter set and twelve more ships. It was a great convention, and I just wonder if there has been any regular setups of Sails of Glory there, apart from the demo with the Ares booth? Wouldn't it be great to have something organised, a tournament, or simply many people playing the game at a dedicated space and time:question:? If (or should I say when) I'm going back there for the third and consecutive times, I would love to be a part of something like that!

Bligh
06-06-2024, 01:33
Hi Stian.

We do several shows up and down the country each year, three of which are based in my home county, at the Newark Showground, one at York and also Reading and Newbury in the South. For more info see our event coordinator Chris, Captn Duff, who you already know.

The crowning glory of the year is our September weekend at Doncaster Air museum when we have a private meeting just for members of the Anchorage and the Drome to play with members from all over the world. This year our special guests include Teaticket from the USA. and Andrea the inventor of the games from Italy.

It is our 10th anniversary of Doncaster and well worth a visit.

Rob.

Bligh
06-07-2024, 01:26
I just interrogated the members list for you Stian.
There are three other members from Norway registered, but none have posted since 2019.
Rob.

James Wilmore
06-07-2024, 01:42
Thank you for that, Sir. I did the same here the other day, and I noticed that they live far away from me - in otherparts of the country. However, luckily I do have a small community around who are interested (even though they aren’t registered here); three friends, a son or two and potentially a son in law :-) I haven’t yet brought the game anywhere public to play/demos I think I should learn the game better myself first (I currently only have six playthroughs under my belt).