PDA

View Full Version : I heard a rumor

abcwarbot
06-03-2022, 09:02
I heard a rumor, that Ares is coming out with a Pirates Sails of Glory. Any Information??

Bligh
06-03-2022, 13:01
Firstly welcome to the Anchorage JR.
Don't forget to sign on in the American Fleet Thread to let your compatriots know that you are aboard.

https://www.sailsofglory.org/forumdisplay.php?26-US-Fleet (https://www.sailsofglory.org/forumdisplay.php?26-US-Fleet)

There has been a lot of noise about Pirates, but nothing set in stone as yet.
DB is the only man who may know anything new.

Rob.

Capn Duff
06-03-2022, 15:35
I am going to uk games expo tomorrow and Ares will be present, I shall ask for any info and pass it on

Diamondback
06-03-2022, 17:25
Official Statement - No rumor, hard Confirmed but no timetable on it.

Personal Observation - I don't know how much Ares will loop me in since I'm "pure historical," though, and will probably be sitting it out as a customer just like I did T&T.

Bligh
06-04-2022, 00:33
Thanks Chris.
I understand that Rafer J Larwood is also scheduled for a meeting with Roberto.
Rob.

Bligh
06-04-2022, 00:39
Official Statement - No rumor, hard Confirmed but no timetable on it.

Personal Observation - I don't know how much Ares will loop me in since I'm "pure historical," though, and will probably be sitting it out as a customer just like I did T&T.

Thanks for your reply DB.
I gathered from some of your other posts that you were not getting feedback on suggestions for suitable new ships, but did not know just how much you had been side lined. It seems hard after all the work you have put in over the whole project.

Rob.

Diamondback
06-04-2022, 08:49
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if I didn't somehow piss somebody off... :( then again, it may just be the world today, even my retired fighter-pilot prof who was like "the father I never had" doesn't reply to email much anymore, though with his wife bedridden and in failing health and the majority of his time and energy going to taking care of her I can at least understand why.

Capn Duff
06-04-2022, 12:11
Visited the Ares stand today, at least 6 brand new starter sets selling for €70 or around £64, sigh, unfortunately was not able to speak to Roberto and the other staff I spoke to were helpers for the show and were not able to help. Hopefully Chris was able to get a conversation with the main chap.

David Manley
06-04-2022, 15:10
I ran into Chris later in the day, still no luck chatting with Roberto as he was deep in demoing War of the Ring. The Sails and Wings demo games were pretty poor, it must be said. They weren't even using mats. I'm not sure if Chris got to him later in the day. If not then maybe tomorrow

Bligh
06-05-2022, 02:49
Thanks for your efforts chaps.
We should make a complaint that the sails games were below the standards which we expect here on the Anchorage.
Rob.

Capn Duff
06-05-2022, 13:58
I did notice the Sails demo, which was being shown incorrectly and the Wings WW1 was not even attended. Both games were sharing a table length ways so a 3’ by 2’ surface.
On the plus side I did pick up my last missing official East Indiaman.
Maybe next year we can help.
Sorry missed seeing you Dave