http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9fgXxT1uNk&feature=related

Coog
11-01-2012, 23:03
Arrrgh.....Pirates!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-bx18td1QA&feature=related

Comte de Brueys
11-02-2012, 04:20
Great first video, Coog.

Watches a few scenes and have to watch it completly later.

I like the comment with the order of the British Admirality not to fight 1:1 vs US frigates.;)

"They had the feeling that the US Navy was cheating with their sturdier and more powerful frigates..."

Reminds me, what they said about the German 8,8 cm AA gun in ground combat - North Africa 41 - 43.

csadn
11-04-2012, 14:04
I like the comment with the order of the British Admirality not to fight 1:1 vs US frigates.;)
"They had the feeling that the US Navy was cheating with their sturdier and more powerful frigates..."
Reminds me, what they said about the German 8,8 cm AA gun in ground combat - North Africa 41 - 43.

The British seem to have this thing about The Other Side Cheating -- and if I mention what it's "code" for, Mr. Manley is going to go ballistic on me.... :)

David Manley
11-05-2012, 05:54
LOl, did I hear my name being taken in vain?

You realise of course that the "British reckon the other side is cheating" thing is pretty much an American invention? If you read the orders and reports of the time you'll see that it was a reasoned response to delaing with an enemy equal in seamanship and significantly heavier in firepower. Not that dissimilar to TT&Ps for Allied tanks dealing with German cats in WW2. The "Brits accused us of cheating" thing is just part of the US PR campaign that was waged during and after the war and took of to a greater extent once the RN and others pointed out the disparity in fighting strength, material quality and other aspects that influenced the outcome of some battles to dispel some of the ridiculous sound and fury that surrounded US reports of the same battles.

And I don't go ballistic. My responses are always precision guided :D

csadn
11-05-2012, 13:55
The "Brits accused us of cheating" thing is just part of the US PR campaign that was waged during and after the war and took of to a greater extent once the RN and others pointed out the disparity in fighting strength, material quality and other aspects that influenced the outcome of some battles to dispel some of the ridiculous sound and fury that surrounded US reports of the same battles.

I *knew* you'd say that. :)

David Manley
11-05-2012, 14:10
Well of course, as one of your countrymen said to me recently someone has to keep you colonials honest :)

(his words, not mine :D )

Coog
11-05-2012, 15:57
Well of course, as one of your countrymen said to me recently someone has to keep you colonials honest :)

(his words, not mine :D )

David! You took my tongue-in-cheek statement (Tongue-in-cheek is a phrase used as a figure of speech to imply that a statement or other production is humorously or otherwise not seriously intended and it should not be taken at face value), and spun it like an American Politician!:)

David Manley
11-05-2012, 20:57
David! You took my tongue-in-cheek statement (Tongue-in-cheek is a phrase used as a figure of speech to imply that a statement or other production is humorously or otherwise not seriously intended and it should not be taken at face value), and spun it like an American Politician!:)

What can I say? I spend so much time working with your folks in DC I was bound to pick up some dirty habits :D

csadn
11-06-2012, 15:46
What can I say? I spend so much time working with your folks in DC I was bound to pick up some dirty habits :D

They have shots for that nowadays.... >;)

David Manley
11-07-2012, 05:17
Don't seem to be very effective. You need boosters every 4 years and even then the same old thing keeps coming back :D

csadn
11-07-2012, 13:58
Don't seem to be very effective. You need boosters every 4 years and even then the same old thing keeps coming back :D

Eventually the virus develops resistance -- then it kills the body....