PDA

View Full Version : Play Mats

Baxter
09-06-2021, 17:07
I bought Oak & Iron and I am looking at the Caribbean mat and thinking it is much better than my blue felt. It is heavily creased though from being folded in the box. So .... who uses perspex over paper for their mats and is that a good solution? Or, maybe I should bite the bullet and order a cloth one from Deepcui solutions.

I have found a place that will cut clear to size.

Dobbs
09-06-2021, 17:48

I use blue vinyl that I got from Joann's Fabric store. I'm very satisfied with it as a playing surface. I have a 36"x60" one and a 54"×108" one. The first picture is the smaller one.

Baxter
09-06-2021, 18:29
Hi Dobbs and thanks for the quick reply. I am thinking that Perspex is not a good solution because of the need to store it. Looking at your photos I think perhaps I might just stick with my blue felt. I do have one SoG mat but that is a bit off with all those lines all over it. :happy:

Bligh
09-07-2021, 05:23
I never liked the lines on the mats myself. I ended up with the Deepcut one for my games table, and a roll of Blue vinyl intended for use as a wipe down table cloth which was on speciall offer. I use this for covering the larger areas at shows and it looks fine.

Rob.