PDA

View Full Version : Pulling Chits for Damage is Fun....Pulling Chits other than for damage is painful

Christolockxxx
12-12-2020, 21:48
The subject line pretty much sums up my opinion on pulling chits for un-entangling, for weather changes and anything else I can't think of right now that is not damage.

To clarify - love the game. I am new but its so challenging to line up the wind with a chance to get a broadside off, then find that my guns were not loaded. Love it.

I love the excitement of grabbing 4 chits and hoping as I turn each over that its a "0" . As a self confessed noobie, I feel the chit system for all other functions needs to be replaced with a nice throw of dice.

Like weather and wind changes. I already have a good thought on how to simulate the potential for weather changes using dice but I need to play it out a few more times to see.

Any thoughts on my perspective. Has anyone else worked out a viable system?

Bligh
12-13-2020, 02:29
A lot of us do use dice for weather and wind changes Chris.
Rob.

Dobbs
12-13-2020, 06:58
Here's my solution for Wind Speed and Direction:

https://www.sailsofglory.org/entry.php?73-Expanded-Winds-Speeds

Dobbs
12-13-2020, 08:13
In reviewing my post, I noticed some editing errors on the instruction sheet. These have now been corrected.

Comte de Brueys
12-13-2020, 20:05
Best way is to count the chits, determine the percentage of results and press it in a D6 dice.

Bligh
12-14-2020, 08:14
These are the dice which I use.
Rob.

jophan
12-30-2020, 13:29
I use a deck of cards. If I draw a

Jack, the wind decreases one step
Queen, the wind increases one step
black King, the wind turns one point clockwise
red King, the wind turns one point anticlockwise
Joker, I reshuffle the deck
anything else, the wind stays the same

This produces almost exactly the same probabilities as drawing chits.

Bligh
12-30-2020, 13:42
:hatsoff: Firstly, it is great to see you back in the Anchorage after your long voyage Johan.
And to return with such a clean and simple method for the weather is a bonus.
I hope you will have a good New Year, and thank you for posting this answer to Chris's question.
Rob.

jophan
12-30-2020, 15:17
:hatsoff: Firstly, it is great to see you back in the Anchorage after your long voyage Johan.
And to return with such a clean and simple method for the weather is a bonus.
I hope you will have a good New Year, and thank you for posting this answer to Chris's question.
Rob.

Thankee, Rob. I have dipped in occasionally to read, but I guess it's been a reeeaaally long time since I logged in.

A happy New Year to you too, and to all shipmates here!