PDA

View Full Version : Splitting card decks?

Bligh
11-03-2020, 09:11
Having now split my decks into two with one of each card in the deck for one card at a time games Ihave found a fly in the ointment.
The taken aback and damage to mast cards only have one of each type in a deck. If any of you have used the one card system and know thw answer to this could you please let me know before I go and print loads
of sets of these particular cards.

Rob.

Newtzilla
11-04-2020, 22:46
Rob,

I am not sure I understand the question your asking, but will take a shot at it? Since you never "play" the taken aback or broken mast cards (they are substituted in for the card you actually played), you only need one of each. In the standard rules you need two of all the other cards to handle the case where you want to play the same veer back to back.

David Manley
11-04-2020, 23:48
They are rarely used, so I have them to hand and swap them into a ships deck if needed for a turn.

Newtzilla
11-05-2020, 00:22
Yea, I would think if you want to split a deck between two players, you could just leave all the taken aback and broken mast cards in a pile off to the side and use them as needed.

Bligh
11-05-2020, 02:27
Thanks chaps.
That would work for me. I am getting very good at overlooking the obvious as I get older and more set in my thinking.
Rob.