PDA

View Full Version : Blockade

Dobbs
06-22-2020, 19:35
Work on real sailboats is impacting time for little sailing ships.

Lexington and Saratoga ride at anchor off of Miller's Island, awaiting foul weather to run the blockade and harass English shipping.

Let's see some pictures of your ships, folks. Even if we don't have time to play, we can all daydream together!

Bligh
06-23-2020, 03:13
Thanks for this encouragement Dobbs. I was just starting to think the same thing. I will get something other than production of my Xebec as soon as poss.
Rob.

Bligh
06-23-2020, 13:38
Looking over the cards for the Xebecs I realized that I am building one Xebec Polacre which has the mixture of Lateen and square sails.
Have you any thoughts on how this might influence her performance?
Rob.

Vagabond
06-24-2020, 01:05
Work on real sailboats is impacting time for little sailing ships.

Lexington and Saratoga ride at anchor off of Miller's Island, awaiting foul weather to run the blockade and harass English shipping.

Let's see some pictures of your ships, folks. Even if we don't have time to play, we can all daydream together!

I always wait for good, not foul weather to set sail :wink:

We can't get to our boat even though the yard is open because its a 5 hour drive there and we can't stay overnight. Hopefully come the 4th July things will change.

I've not had the little ships on the table for a game in an age :sad: off to Vietnam next to see if I can rescue a downed pilot.

Hopefully Lexington and Saratoga will get the weather they require and we will see them in their true element, being hounded by the British navy. :happy::drinks:

Bligh
06-24-2020, 02:04
Where have you got your boat stashed then John? Sounds like the South Coast to me.
I hope you manage to get down to her soon.
Rob.