PDA

View Full Version : Lost at sea!

Tiger2
05-06-2020, 02:31
Hi to anybody that stumbles upon this log entry.
I have to admit I am lost. I am an not forum savvy at all, and have no idea what I am doing. Social media etc are a dark art to me and I have little to no understanding of the terms or the etiquette.
I recently joined your 'club' so I guess that makes me a new member, and I am hoping this is where I introduce myself to you all. (If not, please accept my apologies for the intrusion)

I live in Watford in Hertforshire, (ENG). I have served as an infantry soldier in the British Army (Cold War) and a firefighter in the London Fire Brigade. I am now retired and spend my time running around after my family or painting miniatures and learning rules for war games.

I have owned Sails Of Glory for a good few years now, but I am only now getting into it. Hence my popping in to your 'club'

Capn Duff
05-06-2020, 06:07
Welcome to you Paul, if you have any questions just shout out someone will come along and give you an answer.
Unfortunately due to current circumstances we have not got much planned show wise, there is a possibility we may have a presence at Colours and Warfare later this year, hopefully putting on a sails game if you can make it.

Bligh
05-06-2020, 09:03
:hatsoff: Good to have you alongside Paul.
You came to exactly the right spot to introduce yourself to all your new shipmates.
I can now formally welcome you to the Anchorage and I'm sure a lot more of your messmates will be along to do the same when they come off watch.
meantime make yourself at home and if any questions arise shout out. one of us will be sure to help you out. Remember the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.
May you sail with a fair wind and a willing foe.
Rob.:salute:

Dubourdieu
05-06-2020, 11:52
Welcome to you, Paul, from a French mate ! Trust me, I am as new as you on this forum and you will very quickly find out how great the community is here and all the treasures it holds !

Naharaht
05-06-2020, 23:36
Welcome to the Anchorage, Paul, from here near Norwich.

Diamondback
05-15-2020, 22:23
"Give it a chance, you'll get used to it... or have a psychotic episode."--Agent Zed, MIB

Welcome Aboard from the cold, wet Hell that is Seattle.