PDA

View Full Version : The Bloom of Hope ?

Wentworth
03-29-2020, 15:52
As Koko says:

"The flowers that bloom in the Spring tra-la
Bring promise of merry sunshine"

In these troubled times, let us hope that is true....

Bligh
03-30-2020, 03:43
And that's what we mean when we say that a thing is welcome as flowers that bloom in the Spring. Tr La la la la la

Wentworth
03-30-2020, 09:37
You seem to be several weeks ahead of us on the Spring thing...until just recently we had winter weather (including snow)...your pictures look so inviting....I'll be right over....(just kidding):wink:
It may be a function of the fact we are at a relatively higher altitude (and latitude?) than you. We are in what is called the Hudson Highlands. It is a bona fide fijord (please see link). To our north are the Catskill Mountains (from the Dutch Kaaterskill) and to our west are the Shawangunk Mountains (from the Iroquois). Here's hoping we catch up to your blooming soon....

https://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/66611.html

Bligh
03-30-2020, 13:25
We are in the Trent Valley Bill,which is quite sheltered, but even so the Daffodils are about two weeks early this year, although our Magnolia which is usually in flower about a week before my birthday was also a few days early. Being cooped up in the house for the next few months I am very grateful for the garden.

Rob.