PDA

View Full Version : Ohio: For future reference...

The Cowman
11-30-2011, 22:14
If and when this site gets to the point where regions are divided and represented by individual forum members, I would like to take this opportunity to publically recommend Miss Ann A.K.A Misdomingo to represent the Central Ohio or perhaps even the Ohio region. I think her prior knowledge of naval games and her enthusiasm for them makes her the perfect candidate to get organized play started around here when the game is released!

SeaHunter
12-01-2011, 04:00
She's got my vote...if and when!

The Royal Hajj
12-01-2011, 06:58
The time will come that we need Captains, Commodars and Fleet Admirals... and I've laid the ground work to set those up already!

Tommy Z
12-01-2011, 13:43
Aye....I'll second your recommendation.

crashx
12-03-2011, 08:17
Aye, and the day be comin soon thinks I!!!

Capt P
12-08-2011, 15:25
I see people nominating for commanders. Well here in MD Blackjohn seems to be an organizer.

rrrreubanks
03-08-2012, 09:33
Aye, I'll sail with me dear Virginia, or the original colonies, when the time comes.

Coog
03-08-2012, 15:00
With the abolishment of regional organizing on the WoG site, I doubt that it will be done here.

Berthier
03-09-2012, 02:12
I agree Bobby, seems the organizational load of that structure proved too much so I cant see it being replicated here either. On the other hand I might just promote myself. You can all call me Admiral! ;)

PirateBlake
03-08-2013, 13:01
would it be better to break the US Fleets down into individual states or would that just create forum nightmare? I dont know how the structure was on WoG site, would SoG use Admirals (highest rank?) be assigned per State or per large gaming area within a state or a combinations of states? For example I could see Texas being divided into 5 district Ports of Call all governed over by several Admirals who could then meet once a year to elect their "Captain King" think Pirate of the Caribbean :-)

Hey when are we gonna get Naval style Smileys?

cya

7eat51
03-08-2013, 13:16
would it be better to break the US Fleets down into individual states or would that just create forum nightmare? I dont know how the structure was on WoG site, would SoG use Admirals (highest rank?) be assigned per State or per large gaming area within a state or a combinations of states? For example I could see Texas being divided into 5 district Ports of Call all governed over by several Admirals who could then meet once a year to elect their "Captain King" think Pirate of the Caribbean :-)

cya

Amazing that a Texan considers himself part of the U.S. ;)

I think what will happen is that folks will start advertising game days for their areas, and some form of organic organization will take place. Unless there is a need for regional officers, e.g. sanctioned events of some sort, the extra levels of bureaucracy would probably be counter-productive.

Coog
03-08-2013, 14:20

cya

We tried it with Wings of War and it did not work out. With the exception of a few locations, those dedicated to the game were just too spread out and although you could find players for occasional games, they did want to join an organized group.

SeaRoyal20
01-19-2014, 20:41
I live in North East Ohio and would be willing to help at whatever level is needed. I sure swing a mean spread sheet!

Misdomingo
02-07-2014, 16:44
If and when this site gets to the point where regions are divided and represented by individual forum members, I would like to take this opportunity to publically recommend Miss Ann A.K.A Misdomingo to represent the Central Ohio or perhaps even the Ohio region. I think her prior knowledge of naval games and her enthusiasm for them makes her the perfect candidate to get organized play started around here when the game is released!

Thanks Ken for the vote of confidence! As our first event in the central Ohio region, The Cowman and I are sponsoring a Sails of Glory event this Sunday, February 9 at 3pm at the Soldiery (4256 N High St, Columbus, OH 43214, phone:(614) 267-1957). If you are in the area, and can dig out of the winter snow that currently blankets the midwest, come sail the high seas with us!