PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham Expo.

Bligh
05-23-2019, 12:59
Just got this E-Mail.
Did anyone get one in March? I certainly did not.
Rob.

Good afternoon all

I hope you are well, I am chasing to see if anyone would like to come along and help Ares Games at the UK Games Expo May 31st - 2nd June.
I did not hear back from my email in March so I assumed that there was no immediate interest but I know we would still love to see you all if you are coming. If you would like to help and work some time please do drop me a line immediately as we know you would be great demonstrators!
Talk soon
Laurence
Ares Games UK

Capn Duff
05-23-2019, 15:00
Well, I did not get any mail in march

Just gone back in my emails, nothing received on that date, the only mail received was this evening.
Anyone thinking of taking him up ?

David Manley
05-23-2019, 15:18
No, nothing in March for me either

Bligh
05-23-2019, 15:48
Just thought it a bit coincidental when we debated this on the Drome only a few days ago.
Rob.

Naharaht
05-24-2019, 21:15
I did not receive any message like that in March either, not that I would expect to really, if they ignored you, gentlemen.

Bligh
05-28-2019, 12:55
For those not members of the Drome, a post from Guntruck on Wings helps to explain some of this.
Rob.

OK, Laurence O'Brien is the Chief Executive of Wotan Games https://www.wotangames.co.uk/. He's mentioned on a news item on Ares site last year.

Looks as if he was at last year's UKGE pimping Sails of Glory, and is there again this year. Another stand I need to go along and have a chat with.

That's one mystery solved.

Steve.

We may like to contact him ourselves as he is a Drome member.
Chris has even more info which he may wish to add here.
Rob.

Capn Duff
06-02-2019, 16:57
Back from Games Expo, initially was told no Sails demo this year, Sunday however a table appeared and I spent the day demoing, gming this as a SoG table, great fun, was busy all day, game after game sfter game, far different to the wargames shows we have attended lately.
What was even better was the amount of stock for sails especially the dozen plus starter sets going for £65, plus more ships and mats and extra logs than I have seen in the uk for a couple of years and all at normal prices, picked a few ships for around £12 as there was a buy 3 pay 2 offer on, Idrooled all over the boxs I am afraid.
Will give a bigger update tomorrow.

Bligh
06-03-2019, 01:00
Thanks for posting your news so promptly Chris. It bodes well for the future if starter sets are available.
I look forward to your full report later.
Rob.