PDA

View Full Version : Jutland: Draining the Battle Site

Naharaht
04-23-2019, 13:18
On Monday 29th April at 9.00 p.m. Channel 5 television will be showing a programme entitled 'Jutland: Draining the Battle Site'. It is a documentary exploring the wreckage of ships from the sea battle. I have not seen it, so, I do not know what it is like or whether anything new has been discovered.

On Sunday 28th at 9.00 p.m. also on Channel 5 there is a similar sounding programme called 'Draining the Bermuda Triangle', which claims to be using cutting-edge technology to discover what lies beneath the surface. Again I have no idea what it will be like.

Bligh
04-23-2019, 14:01
Thanks for the Heads up Dave.
I will pop those on to record.
Rob.

Naharaht
04-29-2019, 16:54
I missed quite a bit of the programme because I dozed off. I do not think that I learned much that was new except that we sold the salvaged steel from the scuttled German fleet in Scapa Flow back to Germany, which they then used to build U-Boats, but there was some interesting use of computer graphics.

However, the big plus for members here was seeing our very own David Manley on board H.M.S. Belfast.

Bligh
04-30-2019, 03:26
Glad you got to see the programme Dave. For some reason my recorder did not pick it up. May have been recording too much at the same time I fear.
Rob.

Naharaht
04-30-2019, 11:20
The programme will be shown again on Saturday 4th May at 6.55 p.m. on Channel 5 and presumably at 7.55 p.m. on Channel 5+1 (Freeview Channel 44). I will try to watch it again because I dozed off in the middle. I am also hoping that they will also put it on their My5 'catch up' service.

Also on Monday 6th May at 9.00 p.m. Channel 5 will broadcast 'Sunken Treasure Revealed: Drain the Ocean'.

Bligh
04-30-2019, 13:46
Cheers Dave. I will try and catch it again then.
Rob.