PDA

View Full Version : 1st french Langton squadron 1/1200

CptHellride
04-01-2019, 10:18
Here are my 1st french Langton squadron.
3rd Rate Fougueux
3rd Rate Guérier
3rd Rate Rédoubtable
3rd Rate Téméraire
3rd Rate Conquérant
3rd Rate Duc de Bourgogne
3rd Rate Neptune
4th Rate Fier

The Building Steps:
First i assembled the stern, hull, and the bowspit without the foresail, i cut it away, because ist easier to paint and assemling it later.
All Parts are sprayed with Vallejo surface primer.
After this i painted all Hulls with Vallejo Game Color „Earth“ and wash them with „Dark Brown“

Every Ship gets a individual paint scheme:
Guérier: brown hull, black ribbons, white keel, black Gunports, blue quarterdeck, golden and blue stern gallery
Fougueux: white hull and masts, brown ribbons, white keel, white Gunports, red quarterdeck, black, red and white stern gallery
Fier: brown hull, black ribbons, white keel, black Gunports, blue/white quarterdeck, blue and golden stern gallery,
Neptune: brown hull, black ribbons, white keel, black Gunports, black/white quarterdeck, black and golden stern gallery,
Conquerant: brown hull, black ribbons, white keel, brown Gunports, red/white quarterdeck, brown, red and golden stern gallery,
Temeraire: brown hull, black ribbons, white keel, brown Gunports, black/white quarterdeck, black and golden stern gallery,
Redoubtable: brown hull, brown ribbons, white keel, brown Gunports, greyblue quarterdeck, black, brown and golden stern gallery,
Duc du Bourgogne: brown hull, black ribbons, white keel, brown Gunports, blue/white quarterdeck, yellow and golden stern gallery.

These are not historic correct paint schemes, i tried to get a different style for every ship.
After the hulls, i start to paint the sails in „ghost white“, and masts in the same tone and with the same wash like the hulls.

All paintet parts got a satin finish in the end.

To fix the masts to the hull, i had to drillt he mastholes a bit bigger. Then i fix the sails with superglue on the masts.
I made the standing rigg with brown yarn and the running rigg with a lighter brown one. I fix the ratlines between the assembling the standing and running rigg.
Last but not least the ships got her french Colours.

Hope you enjoy the fleet ;)

Redcoat
04-01-2019, 11:31
Very nice! :beer:

Bligh
04-01-2019, 15:07
They certainly look very fine indeed Andy.
I also like your seascape.
Rob.

CptHellride
04-02-2019, 03:43
Thank you ;)