PDA

View Full Version : Hammerhead 2019 Sat 5 March

Capn Duff
02-14-2019, 09:35
We have a table for Sails at the Hammerhead show, Sat 2 March.
This is a participation game so if anyone going to that show fancies a game, pop along and say hello.
Look forward to seeing you there.
The day will be split into various games, morning something from Bligh's repertoire while the afternoon will be a few actions using SOL and possibly frigates.
More details posted shortly.

Bligh
02-14-2019, 10:04
Thanks for the update Chris, and timely reminder about the Bligh factor. Knew I needed to go up into the loft for something.

Rob.

Bligh
03-02-2019, 01:07
The good Captain Duff and myself are off to Hammerhead in a few minutes so I will be out of your way until this evening. I will bring back pictures!
Kyte.

Naharaht
03-02-2019, 21:11
It was good to meet people there again. :thumbsup:

Hodekin
03-03-2019, 01:23
Good to meet up with Bligh and Cap'n Duff yesterday at Hammerhead! Amazed also that Bligh's and my own path crossed way back in our Sealed Knot days....same regiment at one stage! :thumbsup:

Also a reminder to Bligh and the good captain re the books I mentioned by Philp Allan,'The Captains Nephew' being the first!

Ken

Bligh
03-03-2019, 03:28
Good morning Ken.
It was good to meet you also, and to think that had you not mentioned where you lived we may never have known that we had Harry in common, much less our sealed Knot association.
hope to see you at future events soon.
Rob.

Capn Duff
03-03-2019, 03:53
Good morning all, nice day at Hammerhead, will post my pics once I get back home.
Thanks for the info on the books Ken, I will investigate those

Vagabond
03-03-2019, 17:05
Good to meet you all and thanks for my inaugural game of Sails, and your help with the rules.
Brilliant harbour installation Cptn Bligh, better even in the flesh than the photos and that's saying something.
Some lovely ships you have there Cptn Duff, very envious of the quantity but more importantly the quality of them.
Thanks also to Cptn Kiwi my fellow Pirate for his sage advice about running away or maybe it was a strategic withdrawal. On reflection I think it was the later.
:beer:

Naharaht
03-03-2019, 18:36
Some photographs from Hammerhead.

Rob's harbour was really something to see.

Bligh
03-04-2019, 02:46
Thanks for those pictures Dave, and the nice comment about the harbour.
I will try to get some pictures up myself as soon as i get time.

Rob.

Dobbs
03-04-2019, 04:25
Whose large round island is that, right off the harbor? That looks very interesting.

Bligh
03-04-2019, 12:03
That was the first Island I scratch built when we first started the Solo campaigns Dobbs.
Rob.

Bligh
03-04-2019, 13:21
Here are the photos from Saturday.

The game started with a neutral Danish port containing several ships sailing under false colours. Each player was issued a card with his or her real identity which was only revealed to another player when shots had been put either across the bow of another ship or a broadside delivered. Ships of the following nations may be in play.

USA neutral. Fire on them and you have an international incident. No points.
Spain and France in alliance. Fire on each other and you have an international incident. No points.
British. Fire at everyone excepting American, See above.
Pirates. Fire at everyone.
Ships of any friendly nation or the same Nation if present may combine against any other Nation once they recognized each other.
Any ships firing within range of the three danish Forts were in breach of the neutrality rules and would be blasted out of the water by the forts.

Here is what really happened.

Ships start to leave port in any order they choose.

Deadly M decides to fire on the ship ahead whilst in Danish waters.

As umpire I get to fire my guns from the Citadel Fort at Marion.

Meanwhile outside territorial waters the battle opens in earnest as captains reveal their real colours.

A free for all ensues.

Already crippled by fire from my Citadel and Trekroner island battery,
The first ship she encounters sets her on fire and forces her to surrender.

The battle continues.

Another ship succumbs.

The remaining two ships duke it out.

One more feeble exchange and the battle is over.

The winner emerges.

And it is reg who takes the prize.

Well done that man.

The afternoon session was a re run with different competitors, and as it turned out an odd choice of ships which ended up with two pirates pitted against two British ships.

As no one transgressed the neutrality rules this time my sole participation in the day was two shots at Marion. Very sorry my dear lady!

Captain Kiwi marshals hi ship out of port.

the battle begins.

A close encounter but no entanglement.

more fighting up close and personal now they have discovered it is two on two.

An impossible position for Captain Kiwi.
Forced to draw for right to move what would have been his raking position becomes himself being raked.

After a desperate and valiant struggle his Pirate ship is finally sunk.

The two remaining British ships now converge on the remaining Pirate.
Who makes good his escape back into the Neutral Harbour.

A win for the British.

Rob.

Naharaht
03-04-2019, 18:41
That is a different type of scenario, Rob, and those are two good after action reports. :thumbsup::salute:

Bligh
03-05-2019, 02:54
Thanks a lot Dave.
I am glad that you enjoyed them.
Rob.

Redcoat
03-06-2019, 09:39
Very good table game, nice photos :thumbsup:

Julián

Bligh
03-06-2019, 13:55
Thanks Julián.
You no doubt recognize some of them!
Rob.

Redcoat
03-06-2019, 14:38
Thanks Julián.
You no doubt recognize some of them!
Rob.

It is always nice to see your game table, you have an incredible variety of scenary. :beer: