PDA

View Full Version : Another rule I totally missed

Bilge Rat
08-21-2018, 18:47
The ‘repair’ token may be used, once per game to clear all normal damage from one box. I don’t know how I missed that one, when things get tough that could make quite a difference. I guess that’s the problem with not being able to play against others, there is no-one to fact check your play.

Naharaht
08-22-2018, 00:40
You have my sympathies, Steve. May I suggest that you leave a message in the U.S Fleet thread asking for players in Iowa to contact you. Also, I find it useful to reread the rules from time to time.

Bligh
08-22-2018, 03:18
I agree Dave. I always find something new every time. The main problem is rules which alter as you move up the scale to advanced. I often mix earlier ones with the later advanced ones.
Rob.

Capn Duff
08-27-2018, 04:34
There a few little known rules which normally catch the eye upon second or third reading, we used a little used rule a few weeks ago at the Partizan show, the continuous fire rule, against a weakened opponent it can be very useful

Comte de Brueys
08-27-2018, 09:31
A normal Sails of Glory evening starts with a basic rule game, that ends after a few moves.

Standart game with two cards planed follows und the third one ist the most intersting when you bring the crew actions and their limitation with the advanced rules.

The repair token is a valuable one, especially when you meet those crazy Brits with their favour for double shots and close range. :shock:

Unlucky if you have no other player in range - try to visit one of our European CONs (Doncaster or Prague).

Bligh
08-28-2018, 02:48
There a few little known rules which normally catch the eye upon s3cond or third reading, we used a little used rule a few weeks ago at the Partizan show, the continuous fire rule, against a weakened opponent it can be very useful

Thanks for reminding me Chris! :takecover:
Rob.