PDA

View Full Version : Double Hull Leak on Same Volley

Wentworth
08-14-2018, 14:26
In my game for the Solo Campaign, Le Swiftsure took 24 damage points including two hull leaks on the same turn -- do two hull leaks received from the same broadside sink her ? :question:

Bilge Rat
08-14-2018, 17:58
I would say no, but repairing two leaks and pumping out water is going to severely restrict your ability to fight and I suspect you will run out of crew actions before you can save her.

Wentworth
08-14-2018, 18:04
Thanks, Steve. I was leaning that way but wanted to make sure. She took so many hits from 3 different ships that I figured she wasn't long for this world anyway.

Bligh
08-15-2018, 01:07
I believe, without turning to the rules which are packed ready for going to a game, that you can only repair one leak at a time but may pump water to contain the other leak, then repair it on the next turn.
So instead of simply occupying two crew boxes for one turn it actually occupies three boxes but over two turns in total.
Rob.

Capn Duff
08-21-2018, 04:42
The turn after the damage received you would add two water damage markers to your top damage track box.
During the Action phase you can pump water, removing one counter from the damage track, at the end of the turn you can then repair one leak as this action is a delayed one.
The next turn you add one water damage counter to the damage track, you still have one leak and now two water damage on your damage track, during the action phase you pump water removing one water damage leaving you with one water damage marker.
At the end of this turn you can repair the leak if planned.
The next turn, the third after the leak was received, you do not add any further water as the leaks have been repaired and during the action phase you pump out the water removing it from the damage track.

So it is possible to counter two or even three leaks after taking some damage, its just a lengthy process and you hope not to take further damage to cause you to strike.

To sink, a ship must have three or more water damage markers on the damage track then you take three water damage markers and a sinking marker, shuffle and choose, you then sink if you draw the sink marker. If you draw a water damage the water marker remains on the damage track, put to one side the 4 markers as you may need again. Next turn if you dont repair or pump you follow the same procedure and continue to check each turn for as long as you have to add a water damage marker and you have two or more water markers on the track.

Thats my interpretation of the rule :happy:

Wentworth
08-21-2018, 16:06
Thanks Chris this is very helpful and instructive -- I appreciate it ! :thumbsup:

Capn Duff
08-21-2018, 17:29
Bill i have a sequence of play for the advance rules which may help, ill try and get it posted to the files section asap

Wentworth
08-21-2018, 18:34
Thanks !

Bligh
08-22-2018, 02:24
Bill i have a sequence of play for the advance rules which may help, ill try and get it posted to the files section asap

If you want to add anything to the files section Chris please PM Keith. Unlike the Drome, for some reason I do not get a notification about either files or posts requiring moderation on here.
Rob.