PDA

View Full Version : Ahoyhoy Gents!

James Maddox
06-16-2018, 11:25
My name is Matt, and I'm new to this game (the starter set arrives on Monday!). I'm in Minnesota trying to get some fleet actions started in the Twin Cities.

I used to run Pirates CCG, and was a proud member of St George Squadron of the White from the MMO Pirates of the Burning Sea. The game got tedious to me, but the camaraderie on the forums was great. Any old shipmates on this forum?

- Maddox

Bligh
06-16-2018, 12:43
:hatsoff:Good evening Matthew, and welcome to the Anchorage on behalf of the Admiralty Board.
Stow your gear, have a good look around and then be sure to pop into the Wardroom to meet your shipmates and chew the fat over a bevvy or three. They are a friendly crew and most knowledgeable on all matters nautical.

May you sail with a fair wind, and always find a willing enemy.
Bligh.

Naharaht
06-16-2018, 21:35
Welcome to the Anchorage, Matt, from here 'across the Pond'.

Nightmoss
06-17-2018, 08:10
Welcome Matt from a Wisconsin neighbor. I was in Pirates of the Burning Sea a long time ago and dropped pretty early due to the same reason you mentioned. If you're not aware of the simulation "Naval Action" on Steam you might want to check it out. The game is still in early release (they really have a lot yet to do), but visually it's a stunning effort. Pirates included along with many national fleets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KVh6TKIwyU

Capn Duff
06-18-2018, 09:06
Welcome Matthew, from here in Bristol UK

TexaS
06-18-2018, 23:19
A very warm welcome to the Anchorage from Sweden.