PDA

View Full Version : Testing a Primer

McDorf
06-03-2018, 08:22
Hello!

I've been recommended from a friend to try out using an auto styled primer, so I decided to get some and give it go.

Here is the testing tank, with the product of choice.

Unfortunately, as you can see the outcome was too great... Just to note, the tank itself is metal, but the engine deck/back is plastic.

If anyone has any recommendations for some primers, please let me know. :happy:

Redcoat
06-06-2018, 05:13
I do not know where you bought that primer spray, but the most important thing of all is that the seller assures you that it will not affect the plastic. Also, it is very important to shake the spray very well, according to the manufacturer's instructions. Also, the dissolvent that can carry the spray will be very concentrated and the plastic will be eaten.
Also, it is better to give 2 or 3 layers of primer at a certain distance instead of a single layer. I'm sorry for the tank ....

Bligh
06-06-2018, 13:37
I only use the primers that Games Workshop sells Gary. That is specifically for the type of plastic from which models of this type are made.
Rob.

McDorf
06-07-2018, 11:41
Thanks Rob, there was a small bookshop in Retford near where I work that sell Games Workshop stuff, managed to grab a spray can and a pot of black primer for about £12.

And don't worry about the tank, it doesn't look too bad in real life, none of the plastic has melted!!

Bligh
06-07-2018, 13:05
Unlike the witch in The Wizard of Oz then! :happy:
You going to be at Banbury on Sunday?
Rob.

McDorf
06-07-2018, 13:40
Fly my pretties! Fly! :takecover:
We're going, will we be seeing you both there?

Bligh
06-07-2018, 14:01
Yes Gary.
We will be there on Sunday morning.
Rob.