PDA

View Full Version : Wheres my bunk?

Victor Von
04-24-2018, 08:27
Ahoy all aboard this fine ship!

I hail from the shores of Scotland and am looking forward to joining you all on this Sails of Glory hobby voyage.
I have been many things in my time, fantastical adventurer, space marine, biplane pilot to name but a few but now the ocean calls to me.

Owning just the starter set, I have played three times (using Basic, Standard and Advanced rules) and I loved every game even though I only won the last one.

I have been on the lookout for the official game mat and the coastlines/shores as the next purchases but they are like hens teeth. This is no surprise as I am also a fan and collector of the Wings of Glory line and see the same product availability issues. It can only be a good thing for the hobby if the demand is outstripping supply.

Fair winds to you all.:salute:

Wentworth
04-24-2018, 10:14
Ian,
Welcome from the beautiful Hudson River Valley on the other side of the pond. You'll find a welcoming and helpful crew on this site. Bligh just posted Ares announcement about reprints of many of the items you reference in your post, so you'll have them this summer if your quick on your feet. My maternal grandmother was Scots and I belong to the New York City Caledonian Club accordingly.
Enjoy this terrific game,
Bill

Nightmoss
04-24-2018, 11:12
Welcome to the Anchorage, Ian! Enjoy all the forums have to offer. :hatsoff:

Bligh
04-24-2018, 12:31
Welcome alongside Sir.
I can now welcome you formally on behalf of all your shipmates here at the Anchorage.
I am sure that you will enjoy Sails just as much as Wings, and there are a lot of very knowledgeable chaps here to help you with your voyage of discovery. Anything you wish to know please don't hesitate to ask.
See you in the Wardroom for a few noggins and a chance to chew the fat later I trust.
Until then may you sail with a fair wind and a willing enemy.
Bligh.

TexaS
04-24-2018, 14:46
A very warm welcome to the anchorage, Ian!

Capn Duff
04-24-2018, 16:30
Welcome Ian, from a rather wet and windy Bristol

Naharaht
04-25-2018, 00:07
Welcome to the Anchorage, Ian, from here near Norwich. The official game mats, coastline packs, forts packs and spare ship mat packs are being reprinted and are predicted to be available (in the U.S.A.) in July. They will then take a few weeks to cross the Atlantic. If you have a Dunelm Mill homeware shop in your area, investigate their navy blue leatherette table covering. Many members here consider it better than the official mats and it is cheaper.

Bligh
04-25-2018, 02:33
Dave is right.
I have one from Dunelm, the size of four official mats for the same price as one.

Rob.

Cmmdre
04-26-2018, 13:07
Welcome from the Pacific Northwest Ian. :salute:

You'll not find a better crew to fall in with than this bunch!

Victor Von
05-01-2018, 09:30
Many thanks all for the information and advice.
I am going to head to Dunelm this very night and get 1 Metre of the Chester PVC Leatherette table protector.
Can't argue with the price and it does look really good.