PDA

View Full Version : Greetings From California

Erik Broadsides
01-11-2018, 01:39
Hello I will be taking the SoG plunge (is that a pun?) soon. There's a local group for the game that just started up and I'll pick up the starter with a couple of ships this week. Probably just French ships since they are what I like playing in Napoleonic ground-based games. I've played a good amount of WW2 naval miniatures wargames but for age of sail only GMT's Sails Of Glory hex & counter game. Have played some Wings Of Glory and the cards for movement mechanic is pure genius. I'll be poking around the files here for complied ship lists by rate to maybe get an idea of what to buy, probably going for bigger is better at first.

Bligh
01-11-2018, 03:15
Good morning Erik.
I can now welcome you officially to the Anchorage on behalf of all your shipmates worldwide.
This has to rate as the swiftest application verification ever. I just happened to log on to the admin to do some work as your details came through. Usually it would be this evening before I checked the applications for membership.
I hope a few more shipmates will be along soon to give you a warm welcome.
May you always sail with a fair wind and a steadfast crew.
Rob.

Cmmdre
01-11-2018, 07:04
Welcome from the Pacific Northwest, Erik. :salute:

TexaS
01-11-2018, 13:39
Welcome to the Anchorage!

Erik Broadsides
01-11-2018, 16:43
Thank you, gents. And thanks for the fast approval, Rob.

Wentworth
01-11-2018, 18:06
Welcome Erik in sunny California from the frozen (but beautiful) Hudson River Valley....the photo is of our resident Coast Guard Icebreaker Penobscot Bay that is stationed nearby my place during the winter -- she ran through recently to create a shipping lane in our frozen river....

Bligh
01-12-2018, 03:07
Thank you, gents. And thanks for the fast approval, Rob.

You are welcome Erik.
Rob.

Naharaht
01-12-2018, 04:03
Welcome to the Anchorage, Erik, from here 'across The Pond'.

Erik Broadsides
01-12-2018, 12:20
Welcome Erik in sunny California from the frozen (but beautiful) Hudson River Valley....the photo is of our resident Coast Guard Icebreaker Penobscot Bay that is stationed nearby my place during the winter -- she ran through recently to create a shipping lane in our frozen river....

Very cool (no pun intended) seeing an icebreaker on an American river. Maybe not cool that it's so cold & frozen? It's rough where I live right now. :happy: