PDA

View Full Version : Hello from USA, Texas-Lake Jackson

Aaron
10-19-2017, 01:19
Hello all,

My name is Aaron, age 45, long time board gamer and video gamer. Growing up I mostly played WW2 games centering around tanks, subs and air power. I also played a lot of Sid's Pirates. My nautical board game collection consists of Merchants and Marauders, Black Flag, Broadsides, and now Sails of Glory Starter and a mix of ship packs.

I have two young boys, ages 6 and 4, and one on the way due in January. My main board gaming opponent growing up has been my uncle Jim, which we just played our first game (single frigate action) of Sails together this past weekend.

I am rather a newbie in this subject but I am half way through the book Commander:.. Britians Frigate Captain which I am enjoying. I also own Master and Commander and frequently listen to the soundtrack.

I am also an avid programming hobbyist. Searching around the forum I've seen some apps that have been created. I am making a SoG windows based application at the moment which tracks an unlimited amount of ships and basically walks the players through the game phases automatically. The idea here is to get a game of a lot of ships played in a short period under advanced rules with minimal fuss. A game log of the action is generated along with flavorful text to accompany the beautiful ships. Sound effects will also be added. I hope to share it with you all in the near future.

Nice meeting you all.

-Aaron

Bligh
10-19-2017, 02:36
Good morning Aaron and welcome aboard at the Anchorage. I am pleased to be able to give you your official welcome. It sounds as if you have a very sound gaming background, and some up and coming opponents within your family too. Watch out for the young uns. They have a nasty habit of sinking experienced Captains with the utmost ease.
Do make yourself at home and then drop into the Wardroom to make your number with the rest of the crew and enjoy a virtual Rum or three.
Rob.

Cloen
10-19-2017, 16:04
hello Aaron, and welcome to the Anchorage from Denmark.
Looking forward to trying out your application.

-Christian

Cmmdre
10-19-2017, 18:13
Welcome from the Pacific Northwest Aaron. :salute:

Aaron
10-19-2017, 20:00
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Christian - here are a few teasers:

It's getting close!

Naharaht
10-20-2017, 00:41
Welcome to the Anchorage, Aaron, from here 'across the Pond'. Your computer program looks intriguing.

TalkMonkey
10-21-2017, 10:18
This is what I have been waiting for! Let me know when you need some beta testers! I am all in!

HMS Goliath
10-21-2017, 19:40
Welcome Aaron,
Greetings from California!

Aaron
10-26-2017, 12:27
This is what I have been waiting for! Let me know when you need some beta testers! I am all in!

It's ready for testing.. check Main Discussion forum for link!