PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Denmark

Cloen
10-13-2017, 17:49
Finally got around to write and say hello.

So Hello everybody :happy:

And Bligh, thank you for the friendly reminder, was a nice gesture.

My name is Christian, I'm from Denmark and I'm 37 years old.

2 weeks ago I ordered the sails of glory starter pack and 2 extra ships from an internet shop in Denmark. They told me they could get it in 6 weeks. But today I got an email saying that they have sent me my things. So I'm really excited and can't wait to get started. I've wanted this game for the last two years and also looked at this site on and off.
I like reading about the time of the age of sail, both fiction and non-fiction.

Some of my favorite fictional books are:
C. S. Forester: Horatio Hornblower series
Ellis Kirby Meacham: Percival Merewether series
Alexander Kent: Richard Bolitho series
Dudley Pope: Nicholas Ramage series

In my spare time, I like going to the Danish maritime museum with my 8-year-old son. It is also him I will be playing mostly with because I don't know anyone else playing this game. We have played the little game Regatta from Gigamic a lot, which has some small similarities to SOG.

That was a little about me :happy:
Glad to be here.
Christian

Bligh
10-14-2017, 04:38
Hi Christian.

Welcome to the Anchorage, and thank you for your PM in answer to my welcome message.
I hope this has sorted out your posting problem. If it occurs again do not hesitate to drop me a PM and I will seek help from a higher authority.
For some reason your post was put in the Moderating queue.
As far as books go you seem to have covered more or less all the same Novels as I have. It may behove you to avail yourself of the Book reviews here on the site.

https://sailsofglory.org/forumdisplay.php?34-Book-Reviews&

There is a wealth of information to be found, and I will be reviewing a new series I have discovered recently shortly.

Rob.

Capn Duff
10-14-2017, 11:01
Welcome to you Christian, from here in Bristol UK, any questions once you get your starter set just ask.

TexaS
10-14-2017, 11:55
A very welcome to the Anchorage from a neighbour in Sweden!

Cmmdre
10-14-2017, 12:46
Welcome to Anchorage Christian, from the Pacific Northwest of the US. :salute:

Naharaht
10-14-2017, 21:10
Welcome to the Anchorage, Christian. May you have many exciting games with your son once your Starter Set and extra ships arrive.

Cloen
10-15-2017, 05:32
Thank you all for the warm welcome :)