PDA

View Full Version : Ohio: New to the Forum

bolitho
10-04-2017, 16:26
Ahoy, shipmates!

Although I signed up a couple of years ago, it was at a time when things were more amorphous and I was not able to post...and so now I am 'legitimate' in being able to post and reply!:beer:

I have been playing Wings in its various forms for several years now, and Sails has crept its way into the game realm, too - one of our guys we regularly play with is an avid naval enthusiast. ANYWAY - it's a great game and I look forward to playing more often. Meeting Simon (Ensign Patch) this past summer only fueled my desire to get more 'into' the whole 'Sails' experience.

I look forward to being a member of this Forum!

All the best,
Matt

Cmmdre
10-04-2017, 16:42
Welcome Matt. :salute:

bolitho
10-04-2017, 17:56
I have to say that my 'first' experience with Sails gaming was with Wooden Ships and Iron Men in 1975 when I was stationed in West Berlin. That's when I also discover the "Bolitho' series of books at the NAAFI in the British Sector - I grabbed 'em all and read them cover to cover - then came the Hornblower series from Penguin shorty after...I was hooked:beer:

We've started playing Sails in our little group here, and it's great stuff! I think a pirate ship is in the offing for the near future...

All the best,
Matt

Naharaht
10-05-2017, 00:31
Welcome to the Anchorage, Matt, from here 'Across the Pond'. There is much on this site to help you enjoy the game and do feel free to ask any questions you may have. You will find that members here are very friendly and helpful.

Bligh
10-05-2017, 04:13
Hi Matt. Here is your formal welcome to the Anchorage from myself on behalf of all the sailors who frequent these waters.
I thought I recognised your e-mail address when I registered you.
May you sail with a fair wind and vanquish your enemies.
Rob.

HMS Goliath
10-05-2017, 20:40
I used to play Wooden Ships. As a matter of fact I was picking up after my dog this afternoon and saw my copy. I didn't remember bringing it home from storage.
Welcome aboard!

RickMartin
10-11-2017, 13:23
Hello Matt. What part of Ohio do you hail from? We are starting a Sails of Glory Group at Game Haven - right across from The National Museum of the US Air Force and Wright Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton, Ohio. We are looking for interested captains.

bolitho
10-11-2017, 15:52
I'm in Springboro, Rick, and know exactly where Game Haven is. When do you meet to play Sails? I'm already spoken for on the second Saturday of the month with the Wright Flight guys at Epic Loot for WWI Wings...

All the best,
Matt

RickMartin
10-12-2017, 06:47
Thanks for getting back with me. We are setting up Wings of Glory for Nov 11 and Sails of Glory on Nov 18 but I don't have it confirmed yet. For Dec, we are shooting for Wings of Glory on Saturday 16th but we have not confirmed yet.

RickMartin
10-12-2017, 13:53
Matt - we have confirmed those dates listed above at The Game Haven. I hope we see you.

Capn Duff
10-13-2017, 01:53
Hi Matt and welcome to you.
I also played WSIM as well as SPI Frigate, had the old Talonsoft (John Tiller) sails computer game also.
Any questions about sails ask away someone will have an opinion . Good to see you here