PDA

View Full Version : Partizan two. The Sequel.

Bligh
08-20-2017, 12:42
:rum: Kiwi on the Rocks.:question:

Just to prove that not every bottle, sorry I meant battle, has a happy ending.

More gems from the day to follow.

Rob.

Naharaht
08-20-2017, 21:21
I am sorry, Rob, but I cannot see your image. It just says,"Name: IMG_4920.jpg Views: 5 Size: 178.6 KB".

Bligh
08-21-2017, 01:01
Sorry Dave! Anyone else having the same problem? My tecki says it might be something with your device having a restriction placed on it regarding the band width which you can receive.
Rob.

Bligh
08-21-2017, 02:18
Here are the rest of the photos I took yesterday.

Game one Pirates vs Spanish.
Capture the treasure ship.

The Pirates plot their perfidious plans.

(That's alliteration, and believe me they were!)

None of them could read a chart.

See what I mean. i suppose you could call this first contact!
Nevertheless they gave the approaching Spanish Frigate a good seeing to with a first raking broadside.

A bit of payback from His most Catholic Majesty's Frigate.

Now who can't read his chart Arr!
The Pirate simply reduced the Second Frigate to a hulk as they battered each other.

Meanwhile, in my Galleon, armed with only one deck of guns and a reduced crew, in order to pack in even more gold I accounted for the first Pirate Frigate. One down, and two to go.

Next it was what remained of red sails.

Great broadside but with that first volley from his fore division in reply and the firing from his tops my crew were decimated.

The Galleon finally fell to boarding and had a prize crew in the offing.

Capitano Kiwi arrived in time to sink Red sails. Two.

However, after his battering from the beached Spaniard earlier Captain Patch arrived and before
Capitano Kiwi had a chance to overhaul him and finish the job, the dastardly Patch made off with my Galleon, and lived to fight another day.
Here endeth the first encounter.
Bligh.

Capn Duff
08-21-2017, 03:41
Good day, was nice to let the Spanish ships have at it for a day

Bligh
08-21-2017, 12:52
Game two.

The Spanish revenge? You know who won this encounter!

During our dinner break Captain Duff gave a seminar on how to play the game to interested punters.
Was Captain Kiwi's massive chip butty on the right about to prove a bun too far?

Out for revenge our frigates set out against the Pirates in their lair.

Rounding the Island, after we had got two free rakes on the Pirates,
Captain El Kiwi got a bit carried away literally, by the wind, and tacked up the rocky shore.
Claiming it in the name of Spain did not help me to deal with one wasted enemy and one untouched one,however.

With respect to El Kiwi he did good service with his stranded Battery, and dealt it out on both sides as the pirates rounded the rocks.

Inevitably a stern rake finally did for his gallant crew.

After fighting like the very devil, and with an almost untouched ship, for the second time that day I was nearly out of crew members, and with only one man left I made a run for Havana.

Almost safe, but Captain Duff luffed, and delivered the last shots of the game into my stern.
He only needed on chit to have a casualty on it.

"Gracias a Dios." He only hit the hull. I lived to fight another day.

A second win for the Pirates. Arr boo sucks to you.:Arrrr:

With that defeat the Spanish Admiral took his cannon ball home.:bleh:

Bligh.

Dobbs
08-21-2017, 16:48
Very interesting....

Before I signed in, I could see miniatures of the pictures. Now I can only see the very first picture of the post/

Naharaht
08-21-2017, 21:57
I cannot see any of them.

Naharaht
08-22-2017, 00:09
Here is a puzzle for your tech adviser, Rob. Using the same internet router, I can see your pictures beautifully using my desktop computer running Firefox with the Windows Vista operating system but I cannot see them at all on my laptop, which uses Windows 10, despite trying five different web browsers (including Firefox).

Thank you for the AAR's. It looks like you all had a good time. Those pirates seem like tough customers.

Bligh
08-22-2017, 01:07
Sounds like windows 10. I use Firefox myself, and have windows eight. how are you seeing my other posts on Beers and Cartoons?
Rob.

Killick
08-22-2017, 02:13
Good AAR and nice islands whoever made them.

Bligh
08-22-2017, 02:36
I think they are Chris's Alastair.
Drop him a PM. if he don't answer this.
Rob.

Comte de Brueys
08-22-2017, 03:40
Nice reports, Rob.

Shortens the the time to Doncaster. :thumbsup:

Capn Duff
08-22-2017, 05:13
Hi Alastair, the islands were bought while at a show, they are circular mdf then sand pva on and sea painted. The rock is an irregular foam painted grey and drybrushed.
Not my own work and were quite cheap, I can keep an eye open for you at the next show if you wish.
I also have a nice whilrpool one which will be featured in an aar shortly.
Last weekend games has rekindled my gaming enthusiasm for sails after a couple of months doing wgf so intend to get a few reports done

Bligh
08-22-2017, 09:48
Nice reports, Rob.

Shortens the the time to Doncaster. :thumbsup:

Certainly does Sven. After this weekend which is our last re-enactment of the year, I will be all out finishing bits for the show.

After a chat with my Captains, we have a few questions for you which I will put in a PM.

Rob.

Killick
08-23-2017, 02:01
Capn Duff, if you were to see a couple more of those Island could you get me two please, but do not go out of you way. Thanks Alastair

Bligh
08-23-2017, 02:16
We will both keep our eyes open Alistair.
Rob.

Capn Duff
08-23-2017, 04:02
Not a problem Alastair, just to clarify the foam one or sand ones ?

Killick
08-23-2017, 20:27
The sand one's please Chris. Thankyou

Ensign Patch
08-28-2017, 02:45
I have windows 10 on my PC

all pictures clear and visible...

The AAR has a few interesting 'takes' on proceedings...

Great to read...

Pirates win AGAIN..No surprise there then

even if a punter did let the Black Pearl get sunk...utter disgrace!

Not on my watch EVER!