PDA

View Full Version : So what's new?

CSherrange
06-21-2017, 09:29
I have been landlocked for over a year due to various life issues. I just got the newest wave and played a game last night, and my Sails of Glory Bug is biting BIG time. Was curious what has been discussed and what is on the horizon?

Bligh
06-21-2017, 13:14
:salute: Welcome back Charles. Being on the Beach on half pay is no fun.
You can't do better than to start here

http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.php?1021-Merchant-Ships-Hull-up-on-the-horizon!&p=70244#post70244

I'm sure that our shipmates will soon clue you in on the meaty bits on offer.

Rob.

CSherrange
06-21-2017, 13:18
Thanks, I was maybe even getting less than half pay. :surrender:

Still sad that brigs don't seem to be in the offering, but the merchant men are very intriguing......

Would LOVE a battle of Lake Erie set with the appropriate Brigs

Bligh
06-21-2017, 15:34
Thanks, I was maybe even getting less than half pay. :surrender:

And I thought that the British Admiralty were stingy.:wink:
Bligh.

Diamondback
06-22-2017, 00:21
Charles, one thing to remember is Ares has a hard length floor of 28m--anything below that Length On Deck is off-the-table to their thinking even though I *did* present an option for how the physical tooling could work. (Basically, casting the base-lid and hull as a single piece and plugging the masts into that. I think it's as much the statistical limits as the physical--for example, Thorn is an 18 or 20 and all the other Swans are 14's, and look how small the difference is between them.)

CSherrange
06-22-2017, 07:48
Charles, one thing to remember is Ares has a hard length floor of 28m--anything below that Length On Deck is off-the-table to their thinking even though I *did* present an option for how the physical tooling could work. (Basically, casting the base-lid and hull as a single piece and plugging the masts into that. I think it's as much the statistical limits as the physical--for example, Thorn is an 18 or 20 and all the other Swans are 14's, and look how small the difference is between them.)

Thanks for the insight, it's good to have a behind the scenes look at things.