PDA

View Full Version : Northumbria Games closing

Capn Duff
06-03-2017, 15:30
Sad to say but was at Games Expo today and spoke to the chaps at Northumbira games.
They are closing down, they were having a closing sale this weekend, so another source of Ships is going.
I am not sure how long after this weekend they will be trading but it will not be long.
Sad to see but apparently the market is not enough for him to keep trading.
So a thank you from me to Northumbria for the panes
I have had from him in the past

Bligh
06-03-2017, 15:37
As I said elsewhere Chris.
I'm sorry to see any trader close down, but especially as Northumbria have been so good to us with deals in the past.
Rob.

Naharaht
06-03-2017, 22:26
Spirit Games of Stoke-on-Trent are also closing down on 30th June. They are currently holding a 'half-price' sale but they have no Sails of Glory items left. Their website is http://www.spiritgames.com

David Manley
06-04-2017, 00:44
Sad to see Spirit Games disappearing. They were my FLGS back in their Croydon days.

Bligh
06-04-2017, 01:09
That is even more bad news Dave.
I also discovered that my local model shop is about to close although they hope to find a buyer for the premises.
I get all my plastic sprue, plasticard and wire from them, plus some very good books.
looks as if we are all going to have to spread our net even wider in search of Ships and such like.
Rob.

Herkybird
06-04-2017, 05:55
How sad, I always went to Northumbria games at shows and came away with something new!

Good luck to Dave and co, whatever they choose to do. :sad::thumbsup:

Union Jack
06-05-2017, 16:06
Sadly that is probably the last in the norh east selling either planes or ships. We are resigned to shows as the SR Gladston & Sons accessories model shop (plasti-card and other modelling stuff) at North Shields also closed!