PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite two ship lists

Takeda
05-13-2017, 20:07
What are your go to ship lists for a quick game and why...

Bligh
05-13-2017, 23:48
Mine will be the Frigates from the starter set Phil, simply because they are boxed together and have all the cards mats and accoutrements in one place.
Other than that I really have no favourite.
Rob.

Takeda
05-14-2017, 08:50
Mine will be the Frigates from the starter set Phil, simply because they are boxed together and have all the cards mats and accoutrements in one place.
Other than that I really have no favourite.
Rob.

Interesting, I have noticed that somewhat seems to be commonplace in SOG. I tend to only sail British ships and try to exploit the strengths of certain vessels over others.

Capn Duff
05-15-2017, 04:18
My preference with SoG are SoL games, I know I am in the minority here but
I like using the bigger ships and playing small squadron games of three or more ships.
I keep my fleets in KR SoG cases, I have reviewed these on the forum, so
I tend to use first in my games and at shows/conventions the first four ships I marked up when first starting. What I mean here is I have allocated each ship a colour and a number to help keep cards and mats easily identifiable and to assist keeping them together.
Ie British SoL have an orange sticker numbered 1 to 21, French Blue 1 to 19 and Sapanish 1 to 9 currently. The same colour sticker and number is put in the underside and top side of the ship base, then on the ship mat , ship card and manouvre deck and lastly on the underside of the ship model.

So to answer your question, I think, the list I go to is my own ship list but tend to be the following that get used most:

HMS Spartiate, Belleraphon, Bellona and Vanguard

Commerse de Bordeaux, Redoubtable, Le Berwick and Generaux

Purely because these are the first four SoL in my box's which are fully rigged and pennented :)

Takeda
05-15-2017, 08:26
My preference with SoG are SoL games, I know I am in the minority here but
I like using the bigger ships and playing small squadron games of three or more ships.
I keep my fleets in KR SoG cases, I have reviewed these on the forum, so
I tend to use first in my games and at shows/conventions the first four ships I marked up when first starting. What I mean here is I have allocated each ship a colour and a number to help keep cards and mats easily identifiable and to assist keeping them together.
Ie British SoL have an orange sticker numbered 1 to 21, French Blue 1 to 19 and Sapanish 1 to 9 currently. The same colour sticker and number is put in the underside and top side of the ship base, then on the ship mat , ship card and manouvre deck and lastly on the underside of the ship model.

So to answer your question, I think, the list I go to is my own ship list but tend to be the following that get used most:

HMS Spartiate, Belleraphon, Bellona and Vanguard

Commerse de Bordeaux, Redoubtable, Le Berwick and Generaux

Purely because these are the first four SoL in my box's which are fully rigged and pennented :)

Very nice!

This scale is a little beyond my talent to convert. I'm currently waiting for my first conversation from Model J.