PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use WoG Coastal Mat/Map with a Sog sea mat ?

Myles
05-10-2017, 08:51
Noticed the WoG Coastal mat and wondered if it would be a good pairing with one of the SoG mats aesthetically.

If you have paired the two or seen the two together what are your impressions?

Thanks

Diamondback
05-10-2017, 10:23
Doesn't look quite right. Can't put it to words, but they looked somehow "off" to me when I tried... :(

Capn Duff
05-10-2017, 10:33
Nfortunately the Sails mat is "gridded" where as the coastal map is not.
I have used together and as DB says, it just dont look right,
I can only think its because the sails mat is supposedly deep sea where as the coastal is .. well self explanatory I suppose.
I now use a different mat for sails, ungridded and have used it with the coast, still not a match though.

Bligh
05-10-2017, 12:17
I agree Chris.
That is one of the reasons that I started producing my own 3D coastline for our, much cheaper than Ares, non gridded sea mats.

Rob.

Dobbs
05-10-2017, 18:56
Alright Rob, I am intrigued. What mini is the ship in the foreground?

Dobbs
05-10-2017, 18:57
Nice coastline, by the way.

Dobbs
05-10-2017, 19:01
And did you paint the hull white below the gunports on the Amazon? If so, it looks really nice. We are neighbors to a reproduction of the schooner Sultana with that paint job, but I never thought to try it on a mini.

Bligh
05-11-2017, 02:38
Alright Rob, I am intrigued. What mini is the ship in the foreground?

It is my HEIC Super Frigate Nottingham. Made by a cut and shunt from Constitution. the Poop deck was added and the mizzen mast re positioned to pass through the poop after raising the sides of the stern and adding a new gallery. You can see more of her here.

http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.php?3851-HEIC-Nottingham&highlight=HEIC+Nottingham

Rob.