PDA

View Full Version : Using red border cards

John B
05-05-2017, 05:22
Ships taken aback use only the red border cards, one hourglass the first move and 2 for the second. Now if I start with a veer 5 card the two hourglass side only pushes me backwards, what card do I use for the third movement?.

John B.

Bligh
05-05-2017, 08:14
Ships taken aback use only the red border cards, one hourglass the first move and 2 for the second. Now if I start with a veer 5 card the two hourglass side only pushes me backwards, what card do I use for the third movement?.
John B.

Hi John.
That is where your pre planned card comes into play. That should take you out of stays unless it is a straight. If it is plan another card quickly.
Rob.

John B
05-05-2017, 09:29
Thanks for the answer.

John B.

Capn Duff
05-06-2017, 11:14
Just to back up Bligh, when in Irons ( Sailing into the wind) the RED Border Cards replace the card you had planned to play, which RED border card you use depends upon which card you planned to play.
Check the Veer rating of the card planned and replace it with either the RED border card marked 5 or 4- or 6+
So you can get yourself out of a windy situation, I know it was bad, they can also be used to do nice handbrake turns :)