PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Netherlands!

MacCollac
04-12-2017, 06:59
Hello!

I am Thomas, 23 years old. Me and my four friends bought Sails of Glory Starter Set last summer together with two additional mats, two terrain packs (coastal + batteries) and 4 other ships (forgot their names but two with 70 guns and two with 100+ guns).

Reason why I joined this forum was to look for any news and additional content for this game! We only played a couple of matches, but planning to do more.
I am looking for some additional scenarios that we could play, already found the extra ones on Ares Games. In one of these scenarios they discussed naval landings which had my attention!
Where can I buy some longboats for my ships to launch a beach assault for example? Pictures would also help!

I also found the point values table of Ares Games since I am used to Wargaming that consist of points game so these are very welcome! However, I found that the ships we have for French far outweigh points cost compared to our English ships. Is that right?

Is there also more news from Ares Games about 3D Terrain that fits the coastal and batteries pack? I saw something on the SoG Facebook page.

Last thing, is there someone that made Crew and Captain skill cards?

That's it for now!

Best regards,
Thomas

Bligh
04-12-2017, 09:14
First let me welcome you to the Anchorage on behalf of all the sailors who berth here Thomas.
If I were looking for Ships boats I would go to Langton miniatures.

http://www.rodlangton.com/napoleonic/frame.htm

They have a very good selection, and although the scale is slightly different it won't show with boats. If you have a look at some of our AARs for Solo Campaigns you will find not only examples of landing missions, but also in the rules section ideas for controlling the score.

No news about the Coastal packs yet I'm afraid but again for fortifications Langton or our very own Julián aka Redcoat does some excellent ones, many of which are pictured in our AAR photos.
Rob.

Naharaht
04-15-2017, 22:58
Welcome to the Anchorage, Thomas, from here across the North Sea.

Capn Duff
04-16-2017, 01:09
Welcome Thomas, from Bristol uk

MacCollac
04-16-2017, 06:31
Thanks all! :happy:

Bligh
04-16-2017, 08:36
Glad we could get your post sorted out O.K. Thomas.
Rob.

TexaS
04-16-2017, 23:12
Welcome to the Anchorage. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Comte de Brueys
04-17-2017, 02:28
Bonjour, Thomas.

Welcome on board. :salute:

Jack Aubrey
04-17-2017, 10:26
Welcome, Thomas.:thumbsup:

Niek_vD
04-18-2017, 01:05
Hello Thomas,

Welcome aboard! I am back after a prolonged absence. Please check your PM. We should meet sometime.

Niek

Cmmdre
04-23-2017, 19:43
Welcome to Anchorage Thomas from the Pacific Northwest Salish Sea. :salute:

Old Salt
04-24-2017, 09:00
Hi and welcome from Alberta