PDA

View Full Version : 3D printable ship models on Shapeways

epengr
04-05-2017, 11:19
I've owned a home-built 3D printer (Prusa Mendel) for several years, and I was recently looking for a new project to tackle with it when I stumbled on Master and Commander, began re-reading it and started modelling some printable ships. I'm sharing my work on Thingiverse (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2153911).

A home built 3D Printer isn't going to turn out cast quality models, but I think they look pretty good, particularly on the table if not so much in your hand...

I'm still experimenting with sails and rigging - printed versus paper sails, etc.

I'd love any comments / feedback. I anyone prints them, please post or send pics - I'd love to see them.

(And feel free to tip the designer if you like them ;) )

Bligh
04-06-2017, 01:07
Can't tip the designer, other than giving you rep points David, but I know that several of the members are looking at this sort of work as a way to modify some of the Ares models to convert them into other vessels. I'm sure that they will be along soon to pick your brains on this matter.
Rob.

epengr
04-06-2017, 07:14
Can't tip the designer, other than giving you rep points David.

Tipping the designer is a thingiverse feature, I'd only request that you consider doing so if you use and enjoy my models. :)

Bligh
04-06-2017, 08:06
Rep tipped!
Rob.