PDA

View Full Version : Anyone an idea on this.

Bligh
04-05-2017, 08:20
Two ships board each other. They fight until both crews run out of boxes on the same draw.
What happens to the ships? Do they just float away into the sunset?
Rob.

Comte de Brueys
04-05-2017, 09:19
Cheap prizes. :wink:

I tink it's the same result, like two ships finish off each other the same time.

Bligh
04-05-2017, 09:36
That is what I thought.
First ship to sail by the next day bags both then Sven.
Rob.

Naharaht
04-06-2017, 02:38
That sounds the best solution in terms of the game, Rob.

Capn Duff
04-10-2017, 01:52
Didnt think that could happen to be honest, no matter who initiated the combat one side draws from the bag before the other and combat stops as soon as the ship loses its last crew meaning the second ship doesnt draw so still has one crew left.
Ill have to go back to the rule book to clarify

Bligh
04-10-2017, 02:16
I felt that if both sides initiated boarding, each drew according to the men available Chris.
It would have been unfair if one had drawn first getting an advantage.
Rob.

Capn Duff
04-10-2017, 05:02
I felt that if both sides initiated boarding, each drew according to the men available Chris.
It would have been unfair if one had drawn first getting an advantage.
Rob.

For me I didnt count it as unfair as it is a random pot luck if you draw a sailor or a blank, having more crew gives no advantage except to absorb the loss better. But fair enough if its interpreted that way, as I said Ill have a read up.

Bligh
04-10-2017, 07:23
If I did follow your lead Chris it would have been a win for Nottingham. They started off with a good advantage of men until the French had that series of zero draws, but the last one out for Nottingham was the sole hit from three draws, and it was done first, before the French.
We will have to see if anyone finds a definitive answer. Even if Nottingham won there would not be sufficient men to

provide prize crews for the two French ships. She would have to sink them if help from port did not arrive.
rob.